• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
I am extremely dissapointed at how us reds are going recently, we had a good start to the season, and now this? losing each game by big margins.

Simply the batsmen arnt scoring the runs, and the bowlers are taking the needed wickets. In our second innings the bottom 4 outscored the top 4 batsmen.

2 pluses to come out of it, Jagaways highest 5day score (i think) of 70, and Daniel Muhaffy's superb debut figures of 5/59 - the first 5wicket haul from the reds this season.

My performance was poor with the ball, 1/93 and 0/11 in the second innings. Batting was good for me in the second innings scoring a healthy 23.

I put our poor performance down to the disrupted leadup to the match regarding Ian Markus and the drug allegations. It meant alot to some of us whether or not he was found to be using banned substances. Now that he has been allowed to play, im sure we can settle down and look fora big win in the 1dayers.

Thats my excuse anyway :p
Well lets hope I can be of good help to the Reds when i get my chance, nothing like helping your team do good. seems the bad run of the team will get me a quick chance into the team, lets hope the BEST for the REDS.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Haha, i better be on the watchout, i notice you are a fast Medium bowler, like myself, have a good average (25) and bat at number 4! LOL sounds like i'll be needing to take a few more wickets to retain my place in the side :huh:

Welcome to reds

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well i didnt mean to kick u out n get in but its competition like this that makes cricket teams race to the top, so im happy atleast my presence in the bench makes players work hard ;) thats a complement thanks. Lets PAINT all the other coloured teams with REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
LOL Dont worry mate, i aint going down without a fight :P

Zghansar I enclosed the Red teams season stats, in case you missed the post earlier, i updated them to the last 5dayer against England A, so just have a browse.

Attachments

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
well thats right and thanks for the avg i had the old one. So out of curiousity how does pcking a team go about, who decides all those?? in context to that when may i expect a game??

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Liam (Mr Mxy) and Reuben (lord_of_darkness) are the heads of the CW Board, and there is a Selection panal, im not sure who is the selection panal though. Liam posts the teams before each game, so he is the one to ask about that.

The Sim is Syedur Rahman's Cricket Sim. Can be found in the Downloads section of the website, called 'The Cricket Simulator'

Hope that helps man.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Zimbabwe XI

spikeypineapple said:
mr m, the stats for the green vs zimbabwe game are tha wrong ones, instead it is the first game of nz vs green.....sorry to point this out but yeh :)
Here it is.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ferd said:
I too am disapointed.

THE GREENS ARE GOING TOO GOOD!

I can't even make it into the team. Not that I deserve it.

GO THE GREENS!!!
Lots of cricket still to be played.

ash chaulk

International Captain
dropped for the our first class i know i have a bad first class avg but how can it improve when being on the bench altho im happy to be there if the teams winning

Mr Mxyzptlk

AUST_HiTMaN said:
Liam (Mr Mxy) and Reuben (lord_of_darkness) are the heads of the CW Board, and there is a Selection panal, im not sure who is the selection panal though. Liam posts the teams before each game, so he is the one to ask about that.

The Sim is Syedur Rahman's Cricket Sim. Can be found in the Downloads section of the website, called 'The Cricket Simulator'

Hope that helps man.
This is all correct, except that the Panel doesn't pick Dev League teams, because games are played so close together. I pick those on my own based on form and health.

Mr Mxyzptlk

ash chaulk said:
dropped for the our first class i know i have a bad first class avg but how can it improve when being on the bench altho im happy to be there if the teams winning
But you played the last FC game.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW Green to play Zimbabwe XI
Paid the Umpire
Gibbs N Smith
Krkode
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan +
Umpire Money
SquidAU
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Ferd
not according to this..... musta been a late inclusion

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
so when can i play

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
This is all correct, except that the Panel doesn't pick Dev League teams, because games are played so close together. I pick those on my own based on form and health.
So any Idea when will i play for reds?? mnay players might be out of form.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i dont think its fair asking big m that question... dont worry mate youll get a few games, good luck

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
We may be off to India or Bangladesh in the near future. Both countries have submitted bids to the ICC.

Also, Xavier has been bowling seam this season, not his offspin.
Double spin attack with me and Halsey, muppet!

I bet the Reds can't wait for the end of the WC and my return :)

David

International 12th Man
Finally some decent success with the ball, hopefully I can continue to show some form, I certainly need to get my confidence up again.