• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Statistics

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I don't know if anyone is doing this, but I have notice a few requests for their statistics for any given season. I believe I can help with this. I have used the Cricket Simulator software and been mucking around with matches and the like. I also put the statistics for these matches in an MS Excel spreadsheet. I can do this relatively quickly, although I have to go outside occasionally, so it cannot be done overnight.

If anyone in charge would like to me to do it, I would be happy to!

Just to show you what I can do, here is the file I created for a team I made up.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sam Vimes is the official stats keeper, but he may appreciate his job being eased up. Watch this space for his response.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, what we could do is that Squid does Division 2 and I do Division 1 - or that he does the 1-day and I do the 5-day. I like the last version...it gives me a bit less work, and a bit more enjoyment out of this :)

Here's the stats in zip-form, btw.

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
Nice work, glad I'm not the one compiling all those statistics.

The one day stats don't seem to be complete (no bowling figures for me), although I thought they might not be after the suspiciously name 5day.zip :P

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
David said:
Nice work, glad I'm not the one compiling all those statistics.

The one day stats don't seem to be complete (no bowling figures for me), although I thought they might not be after the suspiciously name 5day.zip :P
An error on my part. Your bowling figures are 8 wickets @ 24 with SR 30 and Econ 4.80 - here are the correct statistics (I hope!)

Attachments

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
Well, what we could do is that Squid does Division 2 and I do Division 1 - or that he does the 1-day and I do the 5-day. I like the last version...it gives me a bit less work, and a bit more enjoyment out of this :)

Here's the stats in zip-form, btw.
Either way, I would like to help out in some way. I know how much compiling stats is, it took me about a week to do the file I had attached here:O !

David

International 12th Man
Ahh, thanks very much :) A decent come back season for me, glad I got those bowling figures because with a batting average of 4, well, not looking good in that department :P

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bump.

I think SquidAU has to take over now - my hard disk has crashed, and along with it went the spreadsheet I collected stats with. Anyone else who wants to make a spreadsheet, or help out in some way?

NikhilN

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
Bump.

I think SquidAU has to take over now - my hard disk has crashed, and along with it went the spreadsheet I collected stats with. Anyone else who wants to make a spreadsheet, or help out in some way?
Sam I could keep track of the avgs

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Proud Indian said:
Sam I could keep track of the avgs
That'd be great! :) Warning though - it's a hell of a lot of work, especially if you don't have a spreadsheet which separates out the stats from the text files.

NikhilN

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
That'd be great! :) Warning though - it's a hell of a lot of work, especially if you don't have a spreadsheet which separates out the stats from the text files.
I am gonna be using html