• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Season 5 Playoffs**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The divisional finals to be played today:

5D
India 'A' v Cricket Web 'B' the Adelaide Oval.
Australia 'A' v South Africa 'A' at the SCG.

OD
Veterans XI v Cricket Web 'A' at the MCG.
Engaldn 'A' v New Zealand 'A' at -.

The winners in each division will play each other in the grand finals tomorrow.

Good luck to all involved.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Engaldn 'A' v New Zealand 'A' at -.
Somebody were in a rush ;)

OK, team, this is the big match - I'll do my best behind and in front of the stumps, and am hoping to make some big scores today.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
*Warms up Shoulders and back region*

Looking for a good display of bowling from myself, feeling ready to rip through the Indian attack :) Come on guys, lets make this one a perfect match.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
bugssy said:
being suspended for cwa am i allowed to play for cwa in the semi or na
You're on tour in New Zealand, I believe...and also, I think the suspension would cover all games.

(note: Not an official statement)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Come on boys... the 5 day is the one that everyone wants to win... we can do this one boys and be crowned king of the development league. There's plane loads of people coming to Adelaide any moment to watch us trounce these Indians

Mr Mxyzptlk

Many apologies for the delay. Games will be shifted back by one day. Hence, the divisional finals will be simmed today (now) and the finals tomorrow.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
You're on tour in New Zealand, I believe...and also, I think the suspension would cover all games.

(note: Not an official statement)
This is correct.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web teams for Playoffs

CW 'A'
Broncoman
Craig
Krkode
Andre - returns to fill the void
Age Master
Imran Khan Jr. (C)
R_Powell_fan
Umpire Money
Ryan +
David
Chris Hinton

12th Man : No one left

CW 'B'
Patrick Fisher
Samuel Vimes +
Ian Markus
Nikhil Nichani
Buts
Deeps
Langeveldt (C)
Pratyush Agarwal
Tom Halsey
Dave
Yaju Arya

12th Man : Jamee999

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Divisional Finals**

Division 1 - 5D
Cricket Web 'B' vs. India 'A'
Cricket Web 'B' 208 & 226
India A 353 & 82/2

India A won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: W Jaffer

Coach's Comments:
Not at all a pleasant showing in this crucial games. Samuel Vimes was beautifully yorked early in the game and the middle order never really held up. Fisher played a determined innings at the top, but top edged a cut ultimately. Indeed, it took a fine partnership between Langeveldt and Pratyush to revive the effort to some sort of respectability. The bowling was initially disappointing too, but when the top order was erased, the bowlers came back into the equation with purpose, and Dave ended up with a fantastic spell to wrap things up after Halsey kept the Indians at bay in the middle. The second innings effort unfortunately did not follow on from the inspiring bowling finish, and only Samuel Vimes showed the guts and determination required, with Dave and Halsey showing some glimmer of it too. Basically the batting looked hopeless against the spin on a day 3 pitch. The Indians consequently had no problem in nullifying any interest in tomorrows 5D final, by knocking out the CW 'B' team.

---
DIVISION 2 - 5D
South Africa 'A' vs. Australia 'A'
Australia 'A' 288 & 358
South Africa 'A' 288 & 241

Australia 'A' won by 117 runs

Man of the match: AR Bichel

Bichel turns an even contest into an easy win for Australia 'A'.

DIVISION 1 - OD
Cricket Web 'A' vs. the Veterans XI
CRICKET WEB 'A' 219 42.3 overs
VETERANS XI 222/3 35.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Robin Smith

Coach's Comments:
Very, very poor effort here too. The batting started superbly on a flat track and fast outfield. The openers looked in fine touch and the runs were coming at 6 an over, but then the middle order gave out and the innings collapsed in dramatic style. On the bowling end, the Veterans had no problem in dispatching boundaries and raced home to a huge and crushing victory over the As. Four bowlers went for 7+ an over and five for 6+ an over. It was a mismatch of all sorts and a disappointing finish to the season.

---

DIVISION 2 - OD
New Zealand 'A' vs. England 'A'
ENGLAND 'A' 199 43.1 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 200/7 44.0 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Matthew Walker

The favourites spiral out of the tournament leaving what seems like a huge mismatch for the final.

5D - India 'A' at Australia 'A'
OD - New Zealand 'A' at Veterans XI

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
At least I tried :(

Good effort from Dave and to a lesser extent Thomas. Also a fine opening effort from Patrick Fisher.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
A dissapointing end to a inconsistant season. thats the only way i can describe it.

Good effort from Vimes in the second innings to try and give them something decent to chase.

We have to start looking forward to next season and see if we can be more consistant.

Thanks for the season guys, will be spending alot of time on my batting so i can try and be a true all rounder during the break. Will be back fired up and ready to go next season.

David

International 12th Man
Ouch, dissapointing performance all round there :S

But, there's always next season :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Good to see that people have put the loss behind them, but I hope that there've also been some lessons learnt...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
@ David: Yeah allways next season,with a captaincy or promotion-hint hint Liam- :lol: :saint: ;)

@ Liam: Yeah like dropping me ;)

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
jamee999 said:
@ David: Yeah allways next season,with a captaincy or promotion-hint hint Liam- :lol: :saint: ;)
Fat chance of that, you can't even get into the B team!!:P

Mind you, I couldn't for a respectable time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Season 5 Finals**

5D
India 'A' vs. Australia 'A' at the WACA
India A 182 & 281
Australia 'A' 395 & 69/1

Australia 'A' won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: AR Bichel

Not much of a contest in the end. Bichel continues his amazing form.
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 223 49.1 overs

Veterans XI won by 116 runs

Man of the match: Mark Waugh

As the bookies predicted.

Attachments