• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 5 Discussion, News, Results

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I knew i would be eating my words...

Well played CW A. Hopefully we will be meeting you guys in the finals to settle our differences :P

Very poor bowling, extremely poor in fact. Am extremely dissapointed at that effort. Not a bad strike rate in batting though ;)

Never mind guys, we still have a couple more games to prove ourselfs worthy of a finals birth

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AUST_HiTMaN said:
The men will be sorted from the boys in our upcoming clash with CW A.
Well the men (and woman!) were still away with the Full side but our stand ins still did us proud! :P

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
haha, yeah notice i said i would probly be eating my words later :P

Im not disputing the fact that 'a team' doesn't have a full strength lineup. However thats the prices you pay for being good i guess :P call ups to the main team cant be helped.

Meh, good game, but we still hold the overall record in H2H's i think :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
woo yea .. we won !! well we should always have.. come on guys lets make this a habit..

liam can i bat lower.. around 5/6? i dont really suit the top 4 role..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If you can cope with the top 4 for now, when some of us come back, we'll be a very strong line up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**DIV 1**

India A 179 & 565/6d
Cricket Web 'B' 294 & 196

India A won by 254 runs

Man of the match: W Jaffer

Coach's Comments:
Heartbreaking defeat! A lead of 115 on first innings completely blown by a deflated second innings bowling effort. The start was great, but the bowlers got so quickly sloppy that it was a true shame. Yes, everyone is tired from the long season, but the best teams get it done down the stretch, and CW 'B', like the As, have really fallen away. Big props to Langeveldt, Halsey and Patrick Fisher, who fought on when the batting seemingly gave up. Markus also looked determined. With the ball, only Yaju bowled with any real consistency. Disappointing...

---

Veterans XI 265 & 388/6d
England 'A' 215 & 265

Veterans XI won by 173 runs

Man of the match: PA DeSilva

---------------------
---------------------
**DIV 2**

Kenya 223 & 178
Australia 'A' 523

Australia 'A' won by an innings and 122 runs

Man of the match: ML Love

---

Bangladesh 190 & 272
South Africa 'A' 485

South Africa 'A' won by an innings and 23 runs

Man of the match: JC Kent

------------------------
------------------------
It's interestingly set up now. At the moment India 'A' is in first place due to having more wins than CW 'B', after the head-to-head meetings ended at 1-1.

Therefore, if the Veterans XI were to beat NZ 'A' tomorrow, they would knock CW 'B' out of playoff contentiondue to having more wins (season series tied at 1-1). If NZ 'A' wins, CW 'B' will qualify for the 5D playoffs due to having won the head-to-head season series 1-0.

Cricket Web 'A' has been eliminated from playoff contention.

Attachments

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Ouch, that loss hurts.

Just when we had a chance to cement our place in the playoff, and we blow it.

Not good. Dont have much to comment about on my bowling figures, that dissapointing i dont feel its worthy enough to mention here.

We can only hope the Vets suffer from old age in the next match and choke.

Mr Mxyzptlk

2nd March

**DIV 1**

Veterans XI 395 & 269
New Zealand 'A' 467 & 199/7

New Zealand 'A' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: TG McIntosh

CW 'B' qualifies for the 5D Playoffs!
------------
------------

**DIV 2**

Australia 'A' 443 & 232/4d
Minnows XI 306 & 314/9

Australia 'A' draw with Minnows XI

Man of the match: MEK Hussey

Minnows end Australia's 9-game winning streak.

---------------------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS CW 'B'!

Attachments

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Hooray. what a day for us young guns. Now it's the finals where we have to prove our true worth in this competition!!!
let's go boys, we can do this one, it's only NZ

cbuts

International Debutant
stuff boys. the past few games we have been pretty **** though, lets pick it up for the final

Mr Mxyzptlk

3rd March

February 27th

**DIV 1**

VETERANS XI 252/9 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'B' 188/7 50.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 64 runs

Man of the match: Mark Waugh

Coach's Comments:
Well, the bowling was pretty good until the late overs. Halsey bowled his first 8 overs for 22 runs, then surrendered 24 from his last 2, Fisher gave up 23 from his last 4 and Dave gave up 12 from his second to last one. Overall it wasn't a horrible performance though. The batting was another story. Early wickets tumbled to to the pace and Markus, Vimes and Langeveldt were left to recover to respectablity, with a victory all but out of the question. Well played Sam Vimes once more. The trip down the order did him well. CW 'B' has now been officially eliminated from the OD playoffs.

---

INDIA A 263/9 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 264/6 48.3 overs

Australia 'A' won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Mike Hussey
----------------
----------------
**DIV 2**

NEW ZEALAND 'A' 137 33.2 overs
WEST INDIES 'A' 140/5 27.2 overs

West Indies 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Floyd Reifer

Windies 'A' whip NZ 'A' to halve their NRR and NZ's, but it's not enough as NZ 'A' qualify for the playoffs.

---

KENYA 214/8 50.0 overs
BANGLADESH 191/6 50.0 overs

Kenya won by 23 runs

Man of the match: MO Odumbe

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW 'A' that played SA 'A'
Broncoman
Craig
Krkode
Marc71178
Age Master
Imran Khan Jr.
R_Powell_fan
Umpire Money
Ryan +
David
Chris Hinton

**DIV 1**

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 194 48.1 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 199/5 34.1 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: R_Powell_fan

Coach's Comments:
Superb bowling effort and fielding. The bowlers stuck to line and length and got some assistance of the deck. Particular mention must go to the opening bowlers, who put the pressure on early. The batting started off quickly, but wickets fell and Marc and Age Master, then Marc and R_Powell_fan were left to rebuild the innings toward a comfortable victory in the end. Very well won in what was essentially a meaningless game except to give the As practice for the playoffs.

----------------
----------------
**DIV 2**

ENGLAND 'A' 163 40.0 overs
MINNOWS XI 82 30.1 overs

England 'A' won by 81 runs

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pleased to see my being sat around doing nothing for the last few weeks hasn't affected my batting form.