• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Season 4** Discussion, Results etc.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Here are the official statistics, updated after 9th of December

(hope my copy-and-paste tactic works, otherwise I'm gonna have to give up this job - seems OK to me though :))

Attachments

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Man of the match: Eyes_Only

hmm

i think that innings is about the slowest i have ever scored, felt like Nasser Hussain :lol: had i made it to 50 i think it would have been the 2nd slowest ever.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
some good individual performances and some good team performances, good to see everyone chipping in here and there it really sets us up for yet another good season in 1day and 4day

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
10th December

**DIV 1**

India A 546 & 5/0
England 'A' 220 & 327

India A won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: RV Bhardwaj
---
**DIV 2**

Minnows XI 196 & 180
South Africa 'A' 341 & 37/1

South Africa 'A' won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: JC Kent

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**DIV 1**

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 155 37.2 overs
INDIA A 156/7 37.3 overs

India A won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Aavishkar Salvi
---
VETERANS XI 268/5 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 254/8 50.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 14 runs

Man of the match: Aravinda DeSilva
---
**DIV 2**

NEW ZEALAND 'A' 183/9 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 184/7 43.2 overs

England 'A' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Ian Bell
---
WEST INDIES 'A' 266/5 50.0 overs
BANGLADESH 203/9 50.0 overs

West Indies 'A' won by 63 runs

Man of the match: Ian Bradshaw

Attachments

amits

Banned
my stats - 102 runs in 2 matches @ 25.50 in 5 day and i am yet to play a 1 dayer. still 48 against south africa "a" isnt bad :) considering i play at a very low level of cricket.

i am :!( at this thing that i never got to bowl.

Mr Mxyzptlk

That's the way that it is for rookies. Rookies generally don't bowl much due the presence of more established part-timers and front-liners. Be patient.

Mr Mxyzptlk

12th December

**DIV 1**

AUSTRALIA 'A' 184 43.3 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 185/7 32.1 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Bugssy

Coach's Comments:
Captain Umpire Money bowled superbly, leading from the front, with Mr. Wright and David Kennett exploiting some early seam movement. With the bat, we faltered a bit in the middle order, but once again Age Master batted with calm composure with Rik as they all but saw us home.
---------------------
**DIV 2**

CRICKET WEB 'B' 278/9 50.0 overs
WEST INDIES 'A' 247/5 50.0 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 31 runs

Man of the match: Imran Khan(jr)

Coach's Comments:
Another beautiful innings from Gibbs N. Smith, but once again a technical fault exposed, as he was dismissed to a straight pitched-up delivery. Once again Craig exploded at the top, with Imran Khan Jr. batting maturely to hold the innings together. With the ball, all the bowlers were hit about a bit early on, but tightened up after taking a few wickets. Langeveldt in particular bowled well, bowling 7-1-21-2 before Carlton Baugh Jr. went crazy and started taking the aerial route.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**DIV 1**

Veterans XI 314 & 237
Cricket Web 'A' 392 & 160/7

Man of the match: R_Powell_fan

Coach's Comments:
Superb application from R_Powell_fan with bat and ball. Mr Wright and David bowled beautifully with the old ball in the second innings. Point of concern is Marc's form. He's not doing as much as he should have done at this point in his Dev League career... the captaincy perhaps?
---
England 'A' 287 & 369/8d
New Zealand 'A' 239 & 243/6

England 'A' draw with New Zealand 'A'

Man of the match: CT Tremlett
--------------------------------------
**DIV 2**

Cricket Web 'B' 331 & 306/7
Australia 'A' 552/8d

Cricket Web 'B' draw with Australia 'A'

Man of the match: ML Love

Coach's Comments:
A fair few superb innings in this game. Deeps batted with pure class and Amits, Vimes and Smith batted superbly too, yet somewhat overshadowed by Deeps. Martin Love then sent our bowlers into depression by smashing 200 with 41 fours. David Jr. bowled his best and got rewarded with 3 wickets. With the bat we were staring at defeat at 124/4 but Craig played an amazing innings while Jamee, Amits and Langeveldt stood in mature resistence.
---
Minnows XI 287 & 311
Zimbabwe 'A' 288 & 148/5

Zimbabwe 'A' draw with Minnows XI

Man of the match: GM Ewing

Attachments

amits

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
**DIV 2**

Cricket Web 'B' 331 & 306/7
Australia 'A' 552/8d

Cricket Web 'B' draw with Australia 'A'

Man of the match: ML Love

Coach's Comments:
A fair few superb innings in this game. Deeps batted with pure class and Amits, Vimes and Smith batted superbly too, yet somewhat overshadowed by Deeps. Martin Love then sent our bowlers into depression by smashing 200 with 41 fours. David Jr. bowled his best and got rewarded with 3 wickets. With the bat we were staring at defeat at 124/4 but Craig played an amazing innings while Jamee, Amits and Langeveldt stood in mature resistence.
i was there at the live simulation. nice to c i did well. 70 & 52 and total of 132 runs in 1 match with 2 50s isnt a bad effort :) also, i took the 1st aus a wicket as well :)

lots of part-timers like me and craig were needed :( to stop the run-flow of the aussies a team.

craig was superb and in the 1st innings, i shared an amazing partnership of 152 with deeps before a startling collapse happened with my wicket :(

still a good effort though. i was there in both innings with the runs ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
41, 17 and 2-25 isn't too bad Liam.

I admit I am not contributing quite as much as I have done in past seasons, but I feel my captaincy has been a success.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Re: 12th December

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
**DIV 1**

AUSTRALIA 'A' 184 43.3 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 185/7 32.1 overs

Man of the match: Bugssy

Coach's Comments:
Captain Umpire Money bowled superbly, leading from the front, with Mr. Wright and David Kennett exploiting some early seam movement. With the bat, we faltered a bit in the middle order, but once again Age Master batted with calm composure with Rik as they all but saw us home.
---------------------
**DIV 2**

CRICKET WEB 'B' 278/9 50.0 overs
WEST INDIES 'A' 247/5 50.0 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 31 runs

Man of the match: Imran Khan(jr)

Coach's Comments:
Another beautiful innings from Gibbs N. Smith, but once again a technical fault exposed, as he was dismissed to a straight pitched-up delivery. Once again Craig exploded at the top, with Imran Khan Jr. batting maturely to hold the innings together. With the ball, all the bowlers were hit about a bit early on, but tightened up after taking a few wickets. Langeveldt in particular bowled well, bowling 7-1-21-2 before Carlton Baugh Jr. went crazy and started taking the aerial route.
no! no! no!
i do NOT get bowled
i do NOT bat at that strike rate :P
i do NOT want to waste more chances for a goddamn ton :(

*glares at the simulator*

good work lads, adn well done to deeps in his ton in the 5d-er

Mr Mxyzptlk

**DIV 1**

India A 552/6d
Cricket Web 'A' 333 & 119

India A won by an innings and 100 runs

Man of the match: RV Bhardwaj

Coach's Comments:
Words can't ease the pain. :( The bowling was aweful, especially from a spin bowler who shall remain nameless. The batting was worse. Decent effort in the first innings, but the in the second you guys looked like school kids against the Indian spinners. :!(
---
New Zealand 'A' 224 & 304
Veterans XI 457 & 72/1

Veterans XI won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: ME Waugh
------------------------------
**DIV 2**

Cricket Web 'B' 316 & 362/9d
Zimbabwe 'A' 322 & 153/2

Cricket Web 'B' draw with Zimbabwe 'A'

Man of the match: Craig

Coach's Comments:
Much more organized effort than the 'A' team. Craig continued his smashing form and was richly rewarded for attacking strokeplay. Deeps also continued with good form with Langeveldt contributing nicely with the bat and ball. David bowled superbly with Imran Khan Jr. hitting a line and length, but without luck. Gibbs once again was bowled in the 80's...
---
Australia 'A' 361 & 387
South Africa 'A' 436 & 166/4

Australia 'A' draw with South Africa 'A'

Man of the match: JC Kent

Attachments

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
feck it..

ill happy with 50's 60's 70's 80's and possibly een 99's as long as we win!!!!

hrm, a draw, not to bad lads, lets keep on going!!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

15th December

**DIV 1**

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 246/5 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 227/7 50.0 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 19 runs

Man of the match: Lance Klusener

Coach's Comments:
Disappointing run-chase and disappointing bowling in the middle overs. The fielding was poor. Everything was substandard.
---
VETERANS XI 270/5 50.0 overs
INDIA A 272/6 41.1 overs

India A won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Rohan Gavaskar
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
**DIV 2**

CRICKET WEB 'B' 210 41.5 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 211/8 46.3 overs

England 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Ian Bell

Coach's Comments:
Very close game in the end. Yaju bowled a super second spell of 4-0-18-2 to keep CW in it, but ultimately Cork and Kabir Ali got the job done. A brilliant innings from Deeps with another fine start from Craig before a horrible mixup. Gibbs N Smith avoided being bowled. :)
---
BANGLADESH 132 31.1 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 137/2 22.4 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Joseph Yovich

Attachments