• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FAO: Samuel Vimes

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I noticed that you are into stats and stat keeping. Would you be interested in being the official Dev League record keeper (ie averages and general stats) for Season 4? If not then I'll ask someone else, but it would really be a big help if someone would agree.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Would be delighted to take up the spot, yes. I believe that would be my second useful contribution to the team so far (the other being that 46* knock that won us the match against NZ) and it could possibly be my last ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Let me just ensure that you know the size of the job. You would have to keep avges for 5D and OD for all 10 teams in the Dev League. If this is too much, I will help out by doing half, or I can get someone else to. Do you have a spreadsheet in order, or do you want me to send it to you?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm aware of the size of the job now, and I think I should manage, as it is a mere copy-and-paste thing with a huge self-constructed spreadsheet. The only thing it doesn't collect is BBI and whether the highest score is not out or out (the star). I can get BBI if necessary.

However, I need a test copy of the ITC output, as this is probably different from the Syedur Rahman output which is what I based my spreadsheet on.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK. Tried and tested now, needs some tweaking but the basic formulae are there. Should be able to take this job.

So Liam, what statistics do you need?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Regular individual statistics (ie batting and bowling), 'highest individual season score' overall and BB (if possible). That's about it, I can do the rest.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Batting avges should include SR (for OD's), 50's, 100's, HS.

The Bowling avges should include SR, econ., BB. (Maidens isn't necessary).

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
thanks a lot samuel ! we will make sure to send you to some academy in the future with the cwxi members so that you can train up and get that avg up :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Update: BBI now officially works! :D

100s do not include 50s, right? (i.e. if Hayden scores 60, 120 and 80, he gets 1 100 and only 2 50s).

lord, thanks - I'm sure DD will be following my career with great interest, the way I'm turning out :)