• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Home Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The CW XI Home Grounds are the CW Oval and Death Valley Park.

The Cricket Web 'A' team will now be playing all their home games at the Oval, which is a massive facility. The 'B' team will be playing at the Park, but I think that the name should be changed to something with more class.

As such, I'm open to suggestions for the name change.

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
what about calling the oval after a retiree from cwx1 if there is any
The only retirees are Tamara and Bronocoman. Broncoman retired from ODI cricket and Tamara retired from all forms.

Neil, what has Wilkinson done for cricket?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I suggest the ground names remain as they are a historical symbol to CWBCC culture.. it all originated from the past between games between 2 rival teams CW XI captained by Langeveldt and CW Premiers captained by lord of darkness
the oval is the original ground of the CW XI's and Death Valley was the home ground of the Prems, named because the Prems would slaughter the XI's at that park.. after the end of the series.. all rivalry laid to rest.. the 2 teams drank and partied hard.. and the next morning langeveldt and lord signed a joint agreement to make one united team the CW (Prem) XI..

so let the history remain !

Mr Mxyzptlk

I disagree. Yes it may be history, but I wouldn't want to play in a ground called Death Valley. Perhaps we can shorten it to DV Park.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
The Devil Ducky Park

And

The Nixon Oval

Named after the most important man and most important duck in CW

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Actually I like the Nixon Oval idea. Except it would have to be Nixon Stadium or Park as we already have CW Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.