• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**SEASON 4** Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The season will not start for at least 3 more weeks, but I figured that you guys might lose interest if I didn't keep you updated in what's going on.

* I've added the CW A and B players to the database, but I still have to add the players from the other teams, which will take a while.

* The format for the season should be...
- 2 divisions
- 5 teams per division
- teams play each other twice in 5D and OD (ie 8 5D and 8 OD games in the season)
- top two teams have a playoff and the remaining two teams compete for the title

Any suggestions, comments, criticism would be welcomed.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah, good work!

*remembers abysmal batting average of last season*

And with all the new guys coming in, I'll possibly be fourth reserve for the fifth batting spot...

I hope there is some rotation in the squad so the players that are "promoted" to the A squad just stay on the bench, for example.

Mr Mxyzptlk

As in real life, a player will only be benched if he/she is out-of-form, injured or being disciplined. There will be no strict rotation policy, but players will be sacked if lacking in form. Experienced players (ie those who have played at least one season of Dev League) will be given preference for selection. As such, I expect you will play the season opener bar injury.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Sounds great mate...Can't wait for it to start...

Hopefully I'll be on-line a little more often than I have been recently!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yep and squads will only be named after the 14 to tour Australia are finalized to fill gaps in Dev squads and to work out who gets promotion between dev teams etc..

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Hi guys, haven't visited the site for about two weeks, I'm sorry i was very busy.....

kay Liam, thanks for the hard work.

see you later...

Mr Mxyzptlk

**CW B Promotions**

The following players have been approved for promotion to the Cricket Web A team for Season 4:-

Mr Wright
Supah Freak
Gotchya
Argonaut

Keep in mind that these decisions were based on several factors. Some players didn't make it due to the consideration that they would not get much playing time with the Cricket Web A team. Still, keep working and you'll make it. :)

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Re: **CW B Promotions**

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The following players have been approved for promotion to the Cricket Web A team for Season 4:-

Mr Wright
Supah Freak
Gotchya
Argonaut

Keep in mind that these decisions were based on several factors. Some players didn't make it due to the consideration that they would not get much playing time with the Cricket Web A team. Still, keep working and you'll make it. :)
Congrats guys...

You all deserve the promotion....Good luck for the season!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Teams for Season 4

England A
Dominic Cork
Ian Bell
Ian Ward
Ed Smith
Owais Shah
Paul Collingwood
Jamie Troughton
Bilal Shafayat
Geraint Jones
Mark Wallace
Ian Blackwell
Chris Silverwood
Martin Saggers
Kabir Ali
Chris Tremlett
Chris Schofield
Gareth Batty

Zimbabwe A
GJ Rennie
TR Gripper
H Mazakadaza
CB Wishart
GM Ewing
BG Rogers
CN Evans
A Maregwede
DP Viljoen
GB Brent
M Mbangwa
BT Watambwa
NB Mahwire
CK Coventry
15th and 16th men to be named

South Africa A
AM Bacher
JC Kent
M van Jaarsveld
AG Prince
AM Amla
MN Van Wyk
JM Kemp
RJ Peterson
A Nel
D Pretorius
AC Dawson
M Zondeki
M Ngam
T Tsolekile
S Abrahams
L Klusener

Stay tuned for Aus, WI, NZ, Minnows and Ind.

nibbs

International Captain
All looks fantastic.

A suggestion for perhaps season 10. If interest can get ot high enough levels I reckon we should instead of playing Australia A etc, it should perhaps become an internal competition. ie CW A become the Rhinos while CW B become the Hornet. Although you'd need more than 2 sides for this to work properly.

nibbs

International Captain

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Mr Wright
Supah Freak
Gotchya
Argonaut

were there any demotions?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Mr Wright
Supah Freak
Gotchya
Argonaut

Good to see all that off-season training has been for something! Hopefully I can give CWA as much service as I provided CWB.

Mr Mxyzptlk

nibblet said:
All looks fantastic.

A suggestion for perhaps season 10. If interest can get ot high enough levels I reckon we should instead of playing Australia A etc, it should perhaps become an internal competition. ie CW A become the Rhinos while CW B become the Hornet. Although you'd need more than 2 sides for this to work properly.
Not sure I understand what you mean.

There were no demotions.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Australia A team

Jimmy Maher (wk)
Mike Hussey
Martin Love
Michael Clarke
Brad Hodge
Brad Haddin (wk)
Shane Watson