• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 : Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
5D
**DIV 1**
Team M W L D Pts
Eng A 3 2 1 1 50
CW A 4 1 1 2 40
Ind A 3 1 2 0 20
NZ A 3 1 2 0 20
SA A 2 0 1 1 10

**DIV 2**
Team M W L D Pts
Vet XI 3 2 0 1 50
Minnows 3 1 0 2 40
Aus A 3 0 0 3 30
CW B 3 0 2 1 10
Zim A 2 0 1 1 10

OD
**DIV 1**
Team M W L T Pts NRR
CW A 4 4 0 0 40 +1.42
Aus A 4 2 2 0 20 +0.01
Ind A 3 2 1 0 10 +0.14
SA A 3 0 3 0 0 -0.94
Eng A 2 0 2 0 0 -1.43

**DIV 2**
Team M W L T Pts NRR
Vet XI 4 4 0 0 40 +1.14
CW B 3 2 1 0 20 +0.15
NZ A 3 1 2 0 10 -0.99
Min 2 0 2 0 0 -0.23
WI A 3 0 3 0 0 -1.39

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

October 20th

Cricket Web 'A' 210 & 232
New Zealand 'A' 287 & 158/4

New Zealand 'A' won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Bruce Martin

Coach's Comments:
I'm not at all disappointed with this loss, we were outplayed by a better team. Eyes Only played what is IMO the best innings in Dev League history. She went out there against some superb bowling in tough conditions with her team against the wall and she batted... and batted... and batted and was well rewarded with a top class hundred. She's really gotten it together as an opener. Much credit must also be given to Mr. Ponting who bowled a superb spell with the second new ball. Marc71178 seems to have quite the golden arm.

---

Cricket Web 'B' 343 & 222/9d
Zimbabwe 'A' 306 & 56/1

Cricket Web 'B' draw with Zimbabwe 'A'

Man of the match: Langeveldt

Coach's Comments:
Nibblet bowled a superb McGrathesque spell in the first innings where the batsmen just could not get him away. He came in off a short run in overcast conditions and kept plugging away on a line and length and reaped the rewards for it. The highlight of the game would have to be Langeveldt's hundred however. He looked at total ease in playing his shots and he crept up to his century without me really noticing. Imran Khan jr. continues to impress with the bat.

Attachments

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah great innings eyes_only. Once again, very happy with my bowling, good to get a nice second spell in there.

David

International 12th Man
Good one week, bad the next.. sigh :(
Consistency is escaping me atm.

Although I batted well for me in the second dig

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
I am sorry to bring this up but i am the captain, bat at no.10 and dont bowl myself.
Is that a bit stupid.
Seeing as i do bat at 10 i think i should have a bit of a bowl....
true dat

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I apologise for not ripping through the Zimbabwe 'A' batsman in the first innings. It seems I have one great match, then one solid match, I'll try and be more consistent next time fellas.

I'm off to the nets, I'll catch yuz later.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Another day, another duck...at least I'm consistent. Lowest strike rate, third lowest average, second lowest high score...Pathetic. My OD is shaping up at least.

I have made a spreadsheet which give me these inofficial team statistics after season 3 for the 5D and 1D (I know that Mr Mxy will post the official ones soon):

EDIT: These are only B squad statistics. I'll work out the A stats later.

Attachments

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Umpire Money said:
I am sorry to bring this up but i am the captain, bat at no.10 and dont bowl myself.
Is that a bit stupid.
true dat
Liam and I were discussing how bad a captain you were.

Perhaps we should add stupid to bad! ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
gibbsnsmith said:
*ashamed at his stats*

imran khanjr has had a impressive season!
Indeed, considering he's an allrounder. He's batting way better than me in both forms of the game, and he's one of our prime wicket-takers.

Actually you shouldn't be that ashamed - 42 in 5D is pretty good - I'm the one who should be spending 26 hours a day in the nets instead of babbling about the stats - so see ya!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Lets win the last game of the season tomorrow and then lets all pop in to some nets [and not come out until next season] and smack some balls and wickets

Mr Mxyzptlk

Umpire Money said:
Is that a bit stupid.
true dat
You're in the team primarily for your captaincy and, being the thoughtful captain you are :D, you've used your bowlers well enough to achieve success without having to over-bowl yourself.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW B to play Minnows in OD

Looking for revenge...

Gibbs N Smith
Gotchya
Vishnu Reddy
Samuel Vimes
Paid the Umpire
Imran Khan jr.
Ryan (wk)
Langeveldt (capt)
Nibblet
Supah Freak
Mr Wright

Interesting fact: Both the A and B team went through the season injury-free.

Mr Mxyzptlk

October 21st and 22nd

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 250 48.2 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 230/8 50.0 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 20 runs

Man of the match: Mfuneko Ngam

England come up short...
---
MINNOWS XI 183/8 50.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 184/9 49.2 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 1 wickets

Man of the match: Paul Hitchcock

New Zealand squeak home...
---
INDIA A 247/8 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 228/9 50.0 overs

India A won by 19 runs

Man of the match: Hemang Badani

England A finish 0-4...
---
MINNOWS XI 81 18.2 overs
CRICKET WEB 'B' 84/2 17.2 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Imran Khan(jr)

Coach's Comments:
We completely dominated the Minnows in excellent bowling conditions to qualify for the playoffs against the Veterans XI. Top stuff from Imran Khan jr and Mr Wright opening the bowling.

Attachments

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
well i am the next steve waugh the only thing is he can bat.

i have to guess my average with the bat and ball are pretty good thou because i dont get out and i obviously dont bowl alot.

I am a good captain but there are other things in a game of cricket....like beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.