• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
October 7th

New Zealand 'A' 230 & 399
South Africa 'A' 316 & 298

New Zealand 'A' won by 15 runs

Man of the match: Peter Fulton

A fine come-from-behind win as Fulton strikes top form.
---
Minnows XI 447 & 309/5
Australia 'A' 516

Australia 'A' draw with Minnows XI

Man of the match: John Davison

A brilliant performace from John Davison prevents Australia from winning what seemed a sure thing.

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK guys - let's revenge ourselves on that OD loss tomorrow - we need those points. And I need to stop hitting ducks, otherwise I'll be put in an overrated XI ;). Well done by the Minnows today - that proves there's some quality in the side.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW 'B' XI v Veterans XI (5D) tomorrow

Samuel Vimes
Paid the Umpire
Gotchya
Gibbs N Smith
Langeveldt (capt)
Nibblet
Sunil Havascar
Imran Khan jr.
Supah Freak
Ryan (wk)
Mr Wright

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
The Cw 'A' Team ! to play the Od game on Thursday

Eyes Only +
Broncoman
Bugssy
Marc
Tamara
Age Master
Lord_of_darkness
R Powell_fan
Mr Ponting
Umpire Money ( Captain )
David

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
WOOHOO!:D I'm back in action!

I have to say this is sweet especially after what that BLACKMAILING PIG Mr. Mxy did to me. Very sweet.8D :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
WOOHOO!:D I'm back in action!

I have to say this is sweet especially after what that BLACKMAILING PIG Mr. Mxy did to me. Very sweet.8D :D
The game is not until Thursday and there's still time to extend that suspension.

Mr Mxyzptlk

India A 162 & 363
England 'A' 320 & 206/8

England 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton

A wonderful game and a BIG win for England 'A'. They bowled superbly to dethrone one of the best batting lineup (and team in general) in the League. This will go a long way in helping England this season.
---
Veterans XI 317 & 305
Cricket Web 'B' 195 & 358

Veterans XI won by 69 runs

Man of the match: Curtly Ambrose

Coach's comments:
I'm proud of you guys. We came up against superior opposition and struggle initially, but we stuck to line and length with the ball and held the Vets in both innings. We struggled with the bat in the 1st innings, but then again, Ambrose will do that to you. In the second innings we had to chase 428 to win and we did so very admitably, falling just 69 runs short. Special note of Nibblet and Supah Freak for their excellent bowling. Also Gibbs N Smith and Gotchya batted well in the second innings... but ultimately Ambrose was the difference.

Attachments

Mr. P

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The game is not until Thursday and there's still time to extend that suspension.
You wouldn't dare.:!( And actually if you have a record of that msn convo i want you to show it, because it proves that you BLACKMAILED me.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
You wouldn't dare.:!( And actually if you have a record of that msn convo i want you to show it, because it proves that you BLACKMAILED me.
I would dare and I just might. Blackmail is not the same as making a threat. I threatened to drop you if you didn't change your attitude and you refused...

Mr. P

Im not so sure about that. Go on, post the convo, let the PUBLIC decide who is telling the truth. I have a good feeling a know who. (me)

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
id like to congragulate Gotchya for a superb innings and once again a very useful parntership!

We were close but Curtly Ambrose is just of a different level to a our batsmen, That being said Nibblet and Supah Freak did excpetionally well with the ball!

We are getting better and better every time!

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
Well i got the wicket of my senior counterpart Imran Khan...he had 8 left to complete his century..

i like to congratulate all the guys espescially gotchya on our great batting performance..

i got bowled out for 1 in the first innings but came back with a fine 41 and in 4 partnerships.....i'd also like to congratulate gibbs n smith on youre knock off 77...and Freak on his 5 wicket haul..

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
77 is not enough,

i should have either scored at a faster rate or got a ton!

I need to work on my batting as at the moment i really do suck .. :( and hopefully i can get a good long innings together in the OD match tomorrow

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Statistically, I WAS a better batsman than Mr.Ponting last season, I scored more runs, his average is higher due to his high percentage of Not Outs which is because he bats lower down the order.

Mr Mxyzptlk

October 9th

ENGLAND 'A' 178 35.5 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 180/3 28.5 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Bugssy

Coach's Comments:
Despite Mr. Ponting's latest tantrum, after much consideration I allowed him to play. He bowled relatively well in his season debut. Chasing a modest target, Bugssy, Marc71178 and Tamara made short work of the English bowling with an array of strokes. That's 10 consecutive OD wins for the 'A' team.

---

MINNOWS XI 232 48.5 overs
VETERANS XI 233/4 46.5 overs

Veterans XI won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Viv Richards

More top stuff from Ambrose and a crucial quickfire innings from Viv Richards late to take the Vets home.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.