• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web 'A' 267 & 404/6d
England 'A' 374 & 156/6

Cricket Web 'A' draw with England 'A'

Man of the match: Marc71178

XI: Broncoman, Eyes Only +, Bugssy, Marc71178, Tamara, Lord of Darkness, Age Master, R_Powell_fan, Mr Ponting, Umpire Money *, David.

Coach's Comments:
An admirable fightback from the batsmen. A wonderful innings of true stature from Age Master in the first - very well played at #7. Marc71178 came out in the second innings and rediscovered his good Season 3 form, leading us to believe that he will move from consistent to excellent this season. Credit also to Broncoman and Tamara as well as vice-captain Eyes. Once again, however, the bowling let us down.

NB:- David's inclusion ahead of Master Blaster was in no way influenced by his sentiments :P, as the games were simmed before.

---
Australia 'A' 233 & 388
Cricket Web 'B' 368 & 248/8

Cricket Web 'B' draw with Australia 'A'

Man of the match: Ashley Noffke

XI: Samuel Vimes, Paid the Umpire, Gotchya, Gibbs N Smith, Langeveldt *, Sunil Havascar, Imran Khan, Supah Freak, Ryan +, Nibblet, Mr Wright.

Coach's Comments:
What a game! An instant classic! We lost the plot somewhat at the very end when Gibbs N Smith was bowled around his legs, but it was still a very good game allround against a strong Aus A team. Much credit must be given to the new ball pair of Imran Khan and Mr. Wright, especially Khan. Khan played like his more famous counterpart in this game. Special mention to Langeveldt who rediscovered some batting form.
---
New Zealand 'A' 383 & 305
India A 493 & 196/2

India A won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Wasim Jaffer

XI: Wasim Jaffer, SS Das *, Gautam Gambhir, Hemang Badani, S Sriram, Vijay Bhardwaj, Parthiv Patel +, Murali Kartik, Amit Bhandari, A Salvi, L Balaji.
XI: Tim McIntosh, Craig Cumming, Jesse Ryder, Peter Fulton *, Rob Nicol, Michael Papps +, Matt Walker, Tama Canning, James Franklin, Michael Mason, Ian Butler.

Jaffer rolls onward....
---
Veterans XI 529 & 19/1
Zimbabwe 'A' 237 & 309

Veterans XI won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: Aravinda DeSilva

XI: Saeed Anwar, Desmond Haynes, Viv Richards *, Mark Waugh, Aravinda DeSilva, Andy Flower +, Imran Khan, Ian Botham, Wasim Akram, Curtly Ambrose, Courtney Walsh.
XI: Gavin Rennie *, Trevor Gripper, Craig Wishart, Gavin Ewing, Barney Rogers, Craig Evans, Dirk Viljeon, Alester Magregwede, Blessing Mahwire, Pommie Mbangwa.

The old boys overpower Zim A...

Attachments

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Yay! I smacked a magnificent 83..damn and i flopped with a 8...

anyways, Liam i wish to withdraw myself as an allrounder as i want to give other people a chance to bowl, as it is just unfair and i m sure there are more talented bowlers than yours truly..

p.s. CW B have shown their promise with that match but we can carry on this to win, win win!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Hmmm...sti,l need to work on my batting but anyways,

Weve got the very impressive Veterans upnext, come on lads, in a OD..ooo booger, this cant be good for us

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
Oh Yes! 5 Wicket Haul for me on debut!!

and both scores in the 30's for me..so its a decent batting start and an spectacular bowling start! :lol:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
*Mr. Ponting angrily throws a baseball at Mr. Mxy. Baseball hits Mxy in forehead. Mxy finds a message attached to the baseball. It reads one word: PROMOTION*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
*Mr. Ponting angrily throws a baseball at Mr. Mxy. Baseball hits Mxy in forehead. Mxy finds a message attached to the baseball. It reads one word: PROMOTION*
Mr Mxy recovers swiftly and reminds Mr Ponting of Rule #345.67B in the official rule book....

"No player shall project any object at a CW XI governing power unless that object is made of cheese."

In response to your subtle message... no. :)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

We are in the process of publishing the hard-cover version. You'll have to wait until after that, in which case the shelf price is $179.52 US, but all CW XI affiliates get it for a 2% discount.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW A v Aus A

Broncoman
Bugssy
Marc71178
Tamara
Age Master
Lord of Darkness
Eyes Only +
R_Powell_fan
Master Blaster
Umpire Money
David

12th man : Mr Ponting

Mr Ponting is serving a one (1) game suspension in order that he learn his place in the team aspect of cricket. :P

I call this a "Dillon Suspension" in that no player is immune to being dropped. :)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
WHAT! This is an outrage! I was given no prior warning to this! Mr. Mxy, you need to inform me about it sooner! This is insane!:!(

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW B v Vet XI

Samuel Vimes
Gotchya
Gibbs N Smith
Paid the Umpire
Langeveldt *
Vishnu Reddy
Imran Khan jr.
Nibblet
Ryan +
Supah Freak
Mr Wright

No suspensions here... a much more well-behaved side. :)

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
We are in the process of publishing the hard-cover version. You'll have to wait until after that, in which case the shelf price is $179.52 US, but all CW XI affiliates get it for a 2% discount.

2% omg, the amount ill be saving!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Re: CW B v Vet XI

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Samuel Vimes
Gotchya
Gibbs N Smith
Paid the Umpire
Langeveldt *
Vishnu Reddy
Imran Khan jr.
Nibblet
Ryan +
Supah Freak
Mr Wright

No suspensions here... a much more well-behaved side. :)
Gibbs N Smith

:)

come on lads, lets win !

Cloete

International Captain
*Hopes a Dev player will be joining the CWXI soon enough to help support Cloete in holding the team together against decent opposition*

*also hopes Eclips picks up his batting again so he can help with run-scoring*

*hopes CWXI will vs a crap team soon so i can have a spell in the devs with my 55 first class average :)*

*hopes his hopes come true*

*hopes he stops hoping for what's not worth hoping for*

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Majorly Underbowled being the Prime spinner.. i thought the pitches were supposed to turn on day 2 :P?

Good work team !

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
sorry guys i had a major malfunction and let u all down. a first ball duck is just not bloody good enough.

as for mr ponting, that is outragous, to throw a tantrem and expect to play, very silly. but mate u will bounce back.

Cloete

International Captain
Re: CW A v Aus A

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Mr Ponting is serving a one (1) game suspension in order that he learn his place in the team aspect of cricket. :P

I call this a "Dillon Suspension" in that no player is immune to being dropped. :)
Isn't that a bit petty? From what I see he was just having a joke. And seriously we need him to get all the experience he can, because our CWXI needs all the bowling it can get. From what I've heard Mr. P has been quite a sensation in the devs. Let him play mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.