• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
bugssy said:
sorry guys i had a major malfunction and let u all down. a first ball duck is just not bloody good enough.

as for mr ponting, that is outragous, to throw a tantrem and expect to play, very silly. but mate u will bounce back.
If only you knew the full extent.

Mr. Mxy tried to blackmail me!:!(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: Re: CW A v Aus A

Cloete said:
Isn't that a bit petty? From what I see he was just having a joke. And seriously we need him to get all the experience he can, because our CWXI needs all the bowling it can get. From what I've heard Mr. P has been quite a sensation in the devs. Let him play mate :)
Lol. It's not based on the baseball comment. In an MSN chat afterwards, I jokingly mentioned that I had the power to suspend him and he basically dared me too and went on talking as if he were expendable. I didn't intend to actually follow through with it, but he just wouldn't give up. :P :)

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: CW A v Aus A

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Lol. It's not based on the baseball comment. In an MSN chat afterwards, I jokingly mentioned that I had the power to suspend him and he basically dared me too and went on talking as if he were expendable. I didn't intend to actually follow through with it, but he just wouldn't give up. :P :)
oh okay, fair enough then mate. good to see you can take a joke.

i wouldn't mind seeing the MSN dialogue though :saint:

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I have the chat dialogoue if you really want me to show to your team mates. ;)
hey how did u stop the Re:Re: etc. thing at the tp of ur post? because i've noticed me and u always have that as subject, and we're the only 2 with Mozilla :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sunday 5th October Results

AUSTRALIA 'A' 246/8 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 247/6 48.5 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Lord of Darkness

Coach's Comments:
If anyone ever doubted Lord's usefulness to this team, he has out those doubts to rest. Superb bowling and a crucial innings to help us home. Overall it was an excellent team effort with almost everyone chipping in in some way.
---
VETERANS XI 269 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'B' 189/8 50.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 80 runs

Man of the match: Curtly Ambrose

Coach's comments:
Aravinda did it again... We didn't bowl particularly well (bar Mr Wright), but the batting was the big disappointment. We just could not get the ball away off Wasim, Botham and Imran; and Ambrose just kept plugging away...

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Gah. Second innings duck against Australia "A", then a 1 against the Veterans. Not a good debut - at least it can't get any worse.

Well done team in the long match against Australia "A" - five runs from victory (and if that 30 of mine in the 1st innings had been quicker, we could have done it)

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
bah 2 wickets for me....and those of Viv Richards and Wasim Akram..

and a score of just 25 in a partnership of 41 with V.Reddy

nothin much.... :(

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
hmm...

not particularly good debuts, so im off to the nets...

BTW Liam, how many matches does each team play a season [minmum]

also, Mr.Wirght, well bowled mate

and...
G Smith G Gotchya þþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþ 66 (101)

a good partnership in the making?:D

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yousuf_Youhana said:
bah 2 wickets for me....and those of Viv Richards and Wasim Akram..

and a score of just 25 in a partnership of 41 with V.Reddy

nothin much.... :(
You couldn't cut down the size of your signature, could you?

Cheers, your friendly moderator :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

gibbsnsmith said:
BTW Liam, how many matches does each team play a season [minmum]
It used to be 8 5D and 8 OD, but now it's 4 of each form, with a playoff game each.

Mr Mxyzptlk

gibbsnsmith said:
oh :(

thats not enough to show the coahes how good i am...so they can promote me...
It would be longer, but I'm the tour manager for the England tour, so to sim two divisions of five teams each, playoffs, a long international tour, to get my studies done and to do CW updates would be too much. Season 2 was alot easier because I was off school for three months, so I was very much available. However, I have compressed Season 3 into a one month span (give or take a day). So that I can wrap up everything (Clash of the Titans etc.) for this season with a good 3 weeks to a month before my exams start.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I have the chat dialogoue if you really want me to show to your team mates. ;)
Fine. Shoe them it. I think it will prove that you BLACKMAILED ME!:!(

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
i want a copy too!

and Mr.Ponting, I suggest you calm yourself down unless you want a kick in the bulls [a longer term suspension]

Unless you are innocent of whatever charges you have been put up for.

*glad he doesnt have to say mature things all the time yet*

Mr Mxyzptlk

October 6th

**DIV 1**

INDIA A 257/8 50.0 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 226/8 50.0 overs

India A won by 31 runs

Man of the match: Wasim Jaffer

Jaffer hasn't missed a beat...
---
**DIV 2**

WEST INDIES 'A' 164/9 50.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 165/8 35.0 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Paul Hitchcock

WI A collapse to defeat against statistically the worst OD team in the league.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.