• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Clash of the Titans : Episode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
All-rounder-tastic... :P

Come on boys, this is woeful. Let's actually bowl them out for something below 300 please. Curator, a bowler's track please?

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
As DevXI Team Captain I have to say a few words as well.

This has been an honour to captain such a great team of blokes but this one is it. We have played well to beat a team of guys with heads soo big.
Now all we need is a draw but i dont want any of you to go out there looking for a draw. Lets get it up them.

Bugs u rock...keep doing what ur doing, r_powell great innings last game if u do that again yes mr ponting well incredible.
All we have to do keep up the intensity. Cmon fellas

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3rd 5D Game - Final

Cricket Web XI
Broncoman
Peter Young
Eclipse
Cloete
Rich_2001
Blewy
Andre +
Lord of Darkness *
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Neil Pickup

12th Man: Krkode

Cricket Web Development XI
Paid the Umpire
Eyes Only
Bugssy
Marc71178
Mr Mxyzptlk
Age Master
R_Powell_fan
Master Blaster
Mr. Ponting
Umpire Money
Chris Hinton

12th Man: Michael Jackson

Unchanged teams, although I considered resting Eddie ;).

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Oh yeah....

Superb performances with the ball and bat by me ......simply amazing, thanks to Umpire Money for believing in Me and letting me open the innings with Mr.Ponting.....

7 wickets as well as a 50 and a century.....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Game 3 of the 5D Series

Quite an entertaining match.

That's all I'll say......

Enjoy!

Coming soon: CWXI v Dev XI ODI series

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

5 Day Averages

"Clash of the Titans : Episode 1"

Much credit to Mr. Ponting and R_Powell_fan in this series and a good return to form from LE. Cloete and Rich_2001 played well and Blewy continues his good comeback, but IMO the real star of the series is Umpire Money. He batted at #10 and scored over 100 runs while taking 11 cheap wickets and leading the Devs well.

Attachments

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
5 wickets for the match, a 24 and a 86.:D

if this doesn't earn me a promotion, nothing will. except maybe a double century.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Captains Diary

No promotions from this game it was a charity match.. for the poor people of Cricketweb..

Good job to Devs.. damn some flukey stuff there :P nah you guys have been doing really well... and continue carrying the Cricketweb name with pride.. good luck for the new season !
but we will clash again at the conclusion of the next season..

Good work Rich.Blewey. You guys have been working real hard from day 1 on your batting. blewy especially has improved heaps ! the dropping must have really got to him, now hes transformed to probably secure a permanent spot.!

Cloete deserves to be praised.. continues being our top batsmen.. and stays consistent ! good comeback after your injury when you didnt quite perform well enough against S.l , but leading our batting avgs with 56 shows your hard work and continued batting effort . Hats off mate!

Hats off to our veteran pace bowler Lucky Eddie aswell.. we thought you were ageing.. but no! still continue to suprise us ! your effort of 25.80 avg with 15 wickets was fantastic..

Im glad i got improving after some hard days in the nets day in and day out, after some shocking bowlin display in the Asian test championships.. I never bowl with my eyes closed..!

For the rest of the team dont worry.. your place in the team still stands ... continue to improve in the off season so we can start well in the new season! I know im going to increase my training sessions to almost 4 times in a week!

Its fun being captain for the short period of time I got the opportunity to be.. it was fun working under langaveldt aswell!
I know i might have been a bit more relaxed when captaining but thats my fun side of it..

I will probably be taking a rest next season from international cricket to play some Dev 'a' to train and improve..

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Schedule

* CW Dev XI v Cricket Web XI - OD (3 games)
* CW Dev XI v Cricket Web XI - 25 Over game

Everything will be wrapped up by Sunday evening (hopefully) and the CW A and B teams will be named after some discussion with Lord.

Lord: what time will you be available to come on MSN in the next couple of days?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Squads for OD series

CW XI
Rich_2001
Eclipse
Cloete
Blewy
Krkode
Andre +
Lord of Darkness *
Lucky Eddie
Langeveldt
Hoggy
David
Master Blaster
Rik

CW Devs
Broncoman
Bugssy
Marc71178
Mr Ponting
Age Master
Mr Mxyptlk
Umpire Money *
Eyes Only +
R_Powell_fan
Master Blaster
Neil Pickup
Chris Hinton
Paid the Umpire

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Clash of the Titans OD series

Quite a fascinating series, with newly appointed CWXI captain, Rich_2001 providing thorough entertainment. For the Devs, Bugssy did as he has all season. :)

Enjoy.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.