• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Preview, Suggestions and general hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
whilst the cwx1 are on tour bugssy is away in the west indies with his 2 models and his awards :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have it from a very good source that the CW Bar in conjunction with the AAAS will be sponsoring fully-paid vacations for all players to any part of the world to which they wish to go. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I have it from a very good source that the CW Bar in conjunction with the AAAS will be sponsoring fully-paid vacations for all players to any part of the world to which they wish to go. :D
That was subject to a few clauses involving my position in various teams though (hint captaincy)

Mr Mxyzptlk

A couple of issues:

1/ I can't think (can't be bothered) of 15 Under-21 players for the Under-21 team. Therefore, I'm open to suggestions from anyone for what team we can invite next season. I will take any suggestions from a domestic team (eg Surrey, Jamaica) to an A team or a combo team (ie Allround XI).

2/ We don't have enough players for two teams for season 2. We need at least 26 I would think. Therefore, either people sign up soon, or we will have to hire some overseas players.:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
That was subject to a few clauses involving my position in various teams though (hint captaincy)
Here's the deal:

You can captain the Dev XI (second division team) or you can stay with the CW 'A' team (first division) and not be captain.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Mate Mxy i really think for easier understanding we should change it to

CwDev 'A' - premier dev squad
CwDev 'B' - secondary dev squad

less confusing and easier to follow

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
lord_of_darkness said:
Mate Mxy i really think for easier understanding we should change it to

CwDev 'A' - premier dev squad
CwDev 'B' - secondary dev squad

less confusing and easier to follow
I've been at CricketWeb 18 months now and that's the most sensible thing you've ever posted.

I totally agree :)

I think we should bring the Minnows XI back.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ok. It will be CW 'A' team and CW 'B' team. I think you can guess which division each will play in.

(Hint: it's in alphabetical order...)

So Marc the offer still stands. You can play for the less prestigious 'B' team as captain, or you can stick with the 'A' team as... well not captain. :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I've been at CricketWeb 18 months now and that's the most sensible thing you've ever posted.
LOL i refrain my self to posting really clever things as then people like you and eddy will lose your job :P

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Will further my career in the 'A' since I feel the 'B' will not get promoted all the way.

see...marc says further his career in th 'A's and sum other things about the 'B'

Status
Not open for further replies.