• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Awards

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Awards presentation has been scaled down to the listing of the awards...

STATISTICAL AWARDS

The Brian Lara Award (Most Prolific Run Scorer)
5D : Wasim Jaffer [Ind A](968 runs @ 69.14)
OD : Bugssy [Dev XI] (476 @ 95.2)

The Sachin Tendulkar Award (Highest Batting Average [6 inns min.])
5D : Wasim Jaffer [Ind A] (69.14 in 15 inns)
OD : Bugssy [Dev XI] (95.20 in 8 inns)

The Sunil Gavascar Award (Most Centuries)
5D : Wasim Jaffer [Ind A] (4)
OD : Martin Van Jaarsveld/James Troughton (1)

The Glen McGrath Award (Most Wickets)
5D : Martin Saggers [Eng A] (51 wickets @ 18.67)
OD : Chris Tremlett [Eng A] (25 wickets @ 13.32)

The Shaun Pollock Award (Best Economy - OD only [10 wickets min.])
OD : Umpire Money [Dev XI] (3.44 economy [10 wickets])

The Brett Lee Award (Best SR - [10 wickets min.])
5D : Martin Saggers [Eng A] (36.76 [51 wickets])
OD : Nathan Hauritz [Aus A] (15.79 [19 wickets])

Spell of the Season Award (Best Bowling Figures)
5D : Martin Saggers [Eng A] (7/66)
OD : Thomas Odoyo [Min] (6/46 [10 overs])

TEAM AWARDS
5D MVP's
Australia A : Matthew Elliott
Cricket Web Development XI : Marc71178
England A : Martin Saggers
India A : Wasim Jaffer
New Zealand A : Jesse Ryder
South Africa A : Jon Kent
West Indies A : Dave Mohammed
Zimbabwe A : Dirk Viljeon

OD MVP's
Australia A : Michael Clarke
Cricket Web Development XI : Bugssy
England A : Martin Saggers
India A : Wasim Jaffer
Minnows : Thomas Odoyo
New Zealand A : Joseph Yovich
South Africa A : Dewald Pretorius
West Indies A : Tino Best

OVERALL AWARDS

5D Bowler of the Season : Martin Saggers

5D Batsman of the Season : Wasim Jaffer

OD Bowler of the Season: Chris Tremlett

OD Batsman of the Season : Bugssy

We await your acceptance speech Buggsy. :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugs gets up to make his speech

"kisses britney and pamela on the cheeks"

wow "deep breathe" what a night. never expected this. where do i start. firstly to my lovely girls for being with me through thick and thin, and being everywhere with me. "wink wink"

to the boys: what a season, undefeated in one day and come good towards the end in 5day but with out u guys, support and frienhsip i wouldnt be standing here. this is not just my awards, but all u blokes also.

to the coaching staff and management, for sticking by me and giving me the opportunities i needed to dominate out there with some really special blokes.

and last of all my supporters and opposition. thnaks and let the third season be even better.

cheers
"raises his award in the air whilst leaving with awards model who he pats on the arse"

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
***Model then slaps Bugs, and in a moment of confusion the award is suddenly in Mr. Pontings hands. Bugs trys to make a run with the terrified model, but Mr. Ponting brilliantly throws the award, knocking Bugs out cold. Model then uses tongue to pat Mr. P on the arse, and the story goes on***

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
***Model then slaps Bugs, and in a moment of confusion the award is suddenly in Mr. Pontings hands. Bugs trys to make a run with the terrified model, but Mr. Ponting brilliantly throws the award, knocking Bugs out cold. Model then uses tongue to pat Mr. P on the arse, and the story goes on***
LOL top stuff Mr P..

I can imagine it now...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cloete

International Captain
i'm starting to think it's better to be in the devs than it is to be in th CWXI :(. nothing like this ever happens for us :( *sniff* *sniff*

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Cloete said:
i'm starting to think it's better to be in the devs than it is to be in th CWXI :(. nothing like this ever happens for us :( *sniff* *sniff*
no it doesn't. i felt so proud standing over that unconsious, but still evil MANIAC bugssy.:D I really feel like i acheived something. oh wait, i did. i got myself a model!:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
You're all too professional to have fun! :P

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Id like to thank the academy, my parents, god and all you fans up there your the ones that got me here. Thank you

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
*sniff* im so wiggley inside its just great to be mentioned *sniff*

Its great to be captain of great up and comers of the virtual league that is cricketweb. I couldnt have done it without well me but this is for all of the team and how well the team went

Notice im trying to be modest

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Sorry this is late boys but congrats to all the winners...

Here's hoping Season number 3 is bigger and better!