• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 4 (Season 2) - Final Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Monday 31st August 5day
NZ 'A' v Aus 'A' Sydney
5day
Eng 'A' v Dev XI Canberra

Tuesday 1st September
5day
WI 'A' v SA 'A' Darwin
5day
Zim 'A' v Ind 'A' Cairns

Wednesday 2nd September
50over
NZ 'A' v Aus 'A' Perth
50over
Eng 'A' v Dev XI Hobart

Thursday 3rd September
50overs
WI 'A' v SA 'A' Melbourne
50overs
Minnows v Ind 'A' Cairns

Playoffs
Friday 4th September
5day
Team 1 v Team 2 Team 1 Ground

5day
Team 3 v Team 4 Team 3 Ground
----------
Saturday 5th September
5day
Team 5 v Team 6 Team 5 Ground

5day
Team 7 v Team 8 Team 7 Ground
----------
Sunday 6th September
50over
Team 1 v Team 2 Team 1 Ground

50over
Team 3 v Team 4 Team 3 Ground
----------
Monday 7th September
50over
Team 5 v Team 6 Team 5 Ground

50over
Team 7 v Team 8 Team 7 Ground

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Dev XI to play 5D v Eng 'A'

Broncoman
Paid the Umpire
Bugssy
Marc71178
Age Master
Eyes Only + (vc)
R_Powell_fan
Mr Ponting
Umpire Money *
Chris Hinton
Neil Pickup

Coach's Comments:
Looks a rather long lower order, with Mr Ponting being a useful bat but still at the Vasbert Drakes level. I considered dropping Chris Hinton, but there are no better bowling options than him. Paid the Umpire returns as Peter Young is rested.

England XI:
Ian Ward, Geraint Jones, Owais Shah, Ian Bell, Jamie Troughton, Ed Smith, Rikki Clarke, Dominic Cork, James Kirtley, Martin Saggers, Richard Johnson/Chris Silverwood.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I consider myself a bit better then vasbert drakes, thank you very much! maybe at shane warne level. (no references to drugs here please):)

Mr Mxyzptlk

New Zealand 'A' 269 & 394
Australia 'A' 419 & 213/7

Australia 'A' draw with New Zealand 'A'

Man of the match: Matthew Walker

A highly enjoyable match with some unusual twists. Two Aussies were out for 99 (to Butler) in the 1st innings but Aus moved into full control. NZ then fought back and almost won it...
------------
Cricketweb XI Devs 234 & 218
England 'A' 258 & 195/9

England 'A' won by 1 wickets

Man of the match: Martin Saggers

Coach's Comments:
A heartbreaking defeat :(. It was a game of missed opportunities. After being 168/2, we collapsed for just 234. After having England A 9/2, we allowed them to reach 235/4 before Mr Ponting brought us back into the game with an unbelievable second spell. Captain Umpire Money, Mr Ponting and R_Powell_fan all put up good resistence in the lower order after a top order collapse to keep us in the game, but alas it was not to be.

We had Eng A struggling at 85/7 chasing 195, but we just couldn't dislodge Cork and Johnson (then Kirtley and Johnson) in time. Heartbreaking....

------------

Attachments

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I might take a rest from International Cricket to play some games for the Devs in the CW Dev 4th season.. to help out some of the dev bowlers etc And to face different kinds of opposition..

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
18.4 13 16 6

Now thats some gooooood bowling!:D

Hmmm...58 again. Perhaps I could telepathically relay the message to you. [----Promotion----] :D (C'mon you need me)

Also I think you make a mistake in their second innings by not bowling me more. I took three wickets bowling first change, imagine if I opened!

(By the way, me and neil acan't bowl 'em out on our own, help us!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
18.4 13 16 6

Now thats some gooooood bowling!:D

1/ Hmmm...58 again. Perhaps I could telepathically relay the message to you. [----Promotion----] :D (C'mon you need me)

2/ Also I think you make a mistake in their second innings by not bowling me more. I took three wickets bowling first change, imagine if I opened!

3/ (By the way, me and neil acan't bowl 'em out on our own, help us!)
1/ I can't righty promote you any higher, because R_Powell_fan is a better bat than you are. You will be opening in the OD's however.

2/ Clearly your captain (Umpire Money) felt the need to lead by example and open up himself.

3/ I fully agree.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
1/ I can't righty promote you any higher, because R_Powell_fan is a better bat than you are. You will be opening in the OD's however.

2/ Clearly your captain (Umpire Money) felt the need to lead by example and open up himself.

3/ I fully agree.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Liam, I hope to able to repay you in the ubcoming matches!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
very dissappointed with that loss.

i am also upset with my bowling spells.

i am so much better than how i am delivering.

Mr Mxyzptlk

West Indies 'A' 138 & 256
South Africa 'A' 186 & 209/3

South Africa 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Dewald Pretorius

Another classic match. Down the stretch of the season, we've really had some brilliant games!
-----------------
India A 487 & 107/1
Zimbabwe 'A' 285 & 305

India A won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: Vijay Bhardwaj

As expected, so delivered....
-----------------

Attachments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:

i am also upset with my bowling spells.

i am so much better than how i am delivering.
I feel bug's "how good am I" attitude is effecting the teams performance...
:P :P ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.