• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XV Discussion and Results

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Very disappointing match, some really poor batting there. 2nd innings was half decent though. Bowling was also lacking outside the openers.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win there from the Colts, a wonderful start to the season. 8 wickets and 15 runs is one of my best contributions for a very long time. Pleased to be of service, hopefully mine and the team's form will continue for more than a few games.

Looking forward tot he one day game coming up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, just trying to make the transition as seemless as possible for the punters out there. But I'll do my best.
Nah, I fully expect this to be a more professional, better-functioning league under your watch. Good luck with it.

I'll just be over here, working on my abs.

cpr

International Coach
After a week of hard working out, Camps shows off his eye watering 72 pack

Mr Mxyzptlk

After a week of hard working out, Camps shows off his eye watering 72 pack

You just blew my mind. :wub:

It's a bit disturbing how much I'm :wub:ing on the forum these days. When it doesn't involve Smith, of course. :wub:

Jarquis

Finally seen the scorecard, a 38 and 9 tidy overs, not a bad start to my Dev League career :)

Simon

Cricketweb Blue vs Cricketweb Black
@ PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

One Day powerhouses Cricketweb Black travelled to the PDV Dome to start their campaign and they looked in ominous form as they dispatched a disappointing Blue's outfit who have started the season in poor fashion.

Stand in skipper Sean Fuller won the toss for Blue and chose to bat and it was he and his old mate Liam Camps who got them off to a flying start, there was 66 on the board in the tenth over before Blake Donald took the wicket of Camps for 32, a futher 41 was added for the second wicket between Fuller and debutaunt Angelo Loganathan before the former became Donald's second victim. The rest of the Blue's batting line up fell in a heap and it took a committed Black's bowling unit just under 23 overs to have their feet up in the change rooms. Blue were all out for 136 largely thanks to Donald who took 5/41 and Zac Gelman who ripped apart the middle order in taking 4/28.

The experienced duo of Ash Chaulk and James Stedman opened up the Black's innings as they set about knocking off the runs without loss, the only hiccup came in the 16th over as Stedman was out pulling a ball that just got a bit big on him, he succeded in top edging it to De Silva at square leg off the bowling of Fuller for 36. Andrew Cloete came in at first drop and used the time in the middle for a bit of practice, he looked at the top of his game as he guided the side home with a composed 27 not out. Chaulk also finished unbeaten, his 58 came off 76 balls and included just the one boundary but he can be satisfied enough in getting the job done. A big 9 wicket win with over 25 overs to spare for Black.

Cricketweb Blue 136 (22.5)
SE Fuller 55(50), LA Camps 32(28), BC Donald 5/41, ZE Gelman 4/28

Cricketweb Black 138/1 (24.2)
AP Chaulk 58*(76), JE Stedman 36(40), AP Cloete 27*(30), SE Fuller 1/24

Cricketweb Black won by 9 wickets with 154 balls to spare
Man of the Match: BC Donald (CW Black)

Cricketweb Green vs Cricketweb Colts
@ CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

In what was a fitting way to start the One Day season Cricketweb Green and Cricketweb Colts have played out one of the most exciting finishes in Development League history. Green chose to bat on a surface that has been relayed over the break so there were plenty of question marks over how the new deck would play, with regular skipper Mat Mitchell watching on from the sidelines for today's game it was up to the experienced members of the Green line up to show the way.

Current internationals Nick Scott and Andrew Garven set out in giving the home side an solid start, their approach was cautious if not spectacular. Their 144 run opening stand was broken when Colts skipper Chris Butler threw the ball to debutaunt Callum Laing, his wrong-un had Scott in a spin as he mistimed one to former captain Kyle Wright at backward point, the Cricketweb XI opening batsman was on his way for a steady 64. With the pitch seemingly taking spin Butler made a decision that would turn the game on it's head, he threw the ball to another player making his one day debut; Marcus Deane. The youngster bowled an attacking line and was ripping the ball more than whats been seen in Cricketwebland for a number of years, while he was expensive in going for 62 runs in his ten over spell, the fact he took five wickets cannot be overlooked, his deliveries to dismiss Henry Pearce and Xavier Rose were in particular most impressive. Green's lost their last 8 wickets for just 26 runs and were bowled out some eight overs short of their allocation. Green all out for 202.

Green had the luxury of runs on the board but for a while it didn't look like that would be enough, despite the majority of the senior members of the Colts side talking down their chances in the format this season their experienced players such as Daniel Towns and Chris Butler were smashing their way towards the total before spin was introduced. Jack McNamara fresh from his Champions League success continued his excellent form with an impressive spell of 1/24 from six overs, his wicket of the dashing Fjermestad looked like being the difference for a long while. As good as McNamara was for his side their real star was Martyn Corrin, earmarked as a batsman who bowls a bit in this form of the game Corrin produced an impressive spell of 4/27 from five overs to leave Colts reeling at 187/9. With 16 still required for victory it was up to Kyle Wright and yet another Colts debutaunt Jason Williams, the pair looked shaky as quick bowler Xavier Rose came back into the attack but it wasn't enough for Green as Colts snatched a famous victory.

Cricketweb Green 202 (41.1)
AJ Garven 90(125), NG Scott 64(80), MJ Deane 5/62

Cricketweb Colts 203/9 (38.2)
DP Towns 56(84), CR Butler 39(30), M Corrin 4/27

Cricketweb Colts won by 1 wicket with 70 balls to spare
Man of the Match: MJ Deane (CW Colts)

Simon

Astonishing amount of collapses so far this season including the friendlies.
Yeh I don't get it, it's not like it's because the bowlers in question have amazing stats either, we've seen Raftery, Corrin, Deane, De Silva, Donald, Gelman all knock teams over and none really have exceptional stats.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Corrin will have you know he once took an eight wicket haul.

But fiddlesticks, that is not a loss we wanted to have.

EDIT: For the record, I always wondered how Camps managed to get such realistic matches with HODI when all my efforts resulted in collapses every innings.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Stats will never be able to do my talent justice :p
In all seriousness, overjoyed with those 5 wickets, even if I was far from economical. MOTM, on debut, in a winning cause, couldn't ask for much more.
Maybe a few runs but they'll come ;)

bryce

International Regular
Yeah shows how much we miss Read in this format. Well batted Garven & Scott, just too bad their combined scores made up over 75% of our total. Not sure why I was taken off after getting three LBW appeals in my 9th over but was happy with the way I finished my spell after getting carted early on. Also, very well bowled Corrin, almost snatched us an undeserved victory