• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Team Options?

6th team options?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Would the games against the other random team count for points?

I wasn't a huge fan of the Master's XI. Don't think i'll be a fan of some other randomly made up team of ex-superstars OR some other random invititational team that has nothing to do with CW. It's unrealistic and an extra game for simming which is totally pointless.

(N)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would the games against the other random team count for points?
No reason for it not to count for points if it happened, because all the teams would be playing it the same number of times. Either it counts for points and stats, or for neither. You can't keep first class stats for it if it's not a serious game though.

Anyway, the bye option seems best, given especially that Simon is trying to kickstart this thing again. However, he also mentioned that he would not be simming a game everyday IIRC. That means that there could end up being 2-4 between a team playing matches. From a captain's point of view that may be fine, but for the players, particularly the newer ones, that could get frustrating.

Simon

Yeh I should have mentioned what Liam said there, there is likely to be four or five match days a week, almost certainly no dev league on weekends and maybe one day off during the working week, I'll see how I go.

cpr

International Coach
Have a bye, also free's up a team to play against touring nations (maybe a minor nation also doing a tour with 3-4 games but no internationals, to keep it interesting.......) without having to disrupt the schedule too much.

Think the spare team will get used more often than not.

cpr

International Coach
you'd make a crap dictator if you cave in that easily to the publics whims.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm happy with this. I wouldn't mind the statue of my likeness, but a public hanging isn't my preferred death.

cpr

International Coach
We can drown you in a butt of Malmsey if you prefer, its only 1 step away from what will probably be your natural demise, though slightly classier drink involved.

Last edited:

Simon

It seems like the bye is favoured, we'll give this a go for a season and see how it goes.

Loony BoB

International Captain
In order of preference...

1. Sixth CW team
2. Seventh CW team
3. Hundredth CW team
4. Bye
5. Other

Basically I'm far more interested in finding a way to create a sixth team so more CW'ers can play instead of having a bunch of foreigners come over and play while our own talent is stuck on the bench.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The foreigners only play if they're better than the local talent. For example, there's a good argument that there are too many Englishmen in the English Premier League right now. Discuss.

Loony BoB

International Captain
If this whole thing was a commercial enterprise then I'd fully support foreigners mixing in. However this is for our enjoyment first and foremost and therefore the more of us playing, the better. There is absolutely nothing in this setup for those that sign up with less than impressive stats. Realistic? Sure, in some ways - but then, in the real world you can put more time in than others to better yourself, you can have other things to do, etc. In this game, if you want to play, you have to have good stats.