• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post season let off steam friendlies?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I know the regular season is usually followed by charity games, as a way to have fun etc, but was wondering if we could perhaps trial a one off friendly round post season to let off steam, let the reserve players have a game, and try 'wacky' XIs we may not otherwise usually attempt in a season?

Probably redundant, and I'm quite happy with the usual charity series, bowling and batting XIs etc, but thought perhaps something different in terms of regular teams (Black opening the batting with MJ Smith and Davis, for instance. Wicketkeepers doing some bowling, etc etc).

bryce

International Regular
I like the idea of a dev league All-Star series based on the first club players played for say Timewell in Black, Cloete in Green etc..
Or maybe rookies - say season 7 rookies season 8 rookies season 9 rookies etc..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I like the idea of a dev league All-Star series based on the first club players played for say Timewell in Black, Cloete in Green etc..
I like that idea. Good to get a run out for the Green Old Boys

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't know if I'd want to play for Red. Would be interesting though.

Perhaps an all star series between a mix of the bottom 3 sides, vs the top 2 sides.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's bad enough having to bat with him at indoor cricket... :ph34r:
That's it ****. I'm losing 2 foot in height, throwing my bat down in a threatening manner and about to approach a man who owns more than 50 different guns and is nearly twice my height with my pigeon chest puffed out. And very pre-pubescent facial hair.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
That's it ****. I'm losing 2 foot in height, throwing my bat down in a threatening manner and about to approach a man who owns more than 50 different guns and is nearly twice my height with my pigeon chest puffed out. And very pre-pubescent facial hair.
:laugh:

Calm down, Daniel!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kudos for excellent use of the word ****.

Loony BoB

International Captain
So long as there's a Batting XI vs Bowling XI FC game (and if possible OD game) at some point then I'm happy. It's quiet at work today so maybe I'll get the teams sorted if Jamee isn't doing this. Other games to go alongside those ones are basically up to the best suggestions!

Majin

International Debutant
Would enjoy a throwback to the old style charity series, Spinners XI, Seamers XI, Allrounders, Wicketkeepers, etc all going up in a little tourney. Will never forget the day Pickup opened the batting and tonned up against the keepers, hahaha

ash chaulk

International Captain
lack of expresso machine and no selection of smoked chicken or hungi styled pork, downgrades the whole changing room experience