• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post season let off steam friendlies?

pup11

International Coach
Spanks the other eleven after you lose.

(also, in case of regular season games: comes in as injury replacements. No injuries during charity though.)

(oh, and as cricketer he's a medium-fast allrounder)
Damn, i seriously need to turn my performances around the next season.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Captains vs Newbies
at CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Yet again, the chasing side took the upper hand after a first-day collapse, though many will remember the $575,000-earning efforts from David Kennett. Egged on by a promise by Nixon Bottled Water to give $1,000 to the empoverished people of Iceland, he held out 374 balls in a couple of remarkable stands with Patrick and Mørk - ensuring that the Captains held out for 153 overs in the second dig. Earlier, Kennett had managed a 201-ball vigil after the tail, promoted to top, had crumbled to 38 for six. However, the lack of run-scoring eventually became their undoing, as Myles Hutchinson went away with the honours of nine wickets and 64 runs and Liam Camps was the only bowler who cut it for the Captains.

Captains' XI 290 all out
Garven 134, Mørk 42; West 4/62, Hutchinson 3/59

Newbies' XI 556 all out
J Ritchie 146, Burge 69, Fjermestad 66, Hutchinson 64, Cole 63, König 59; Camps 6/93

Captains' XI 363 all out
Mørk 105, Patrick 65, Kennett 61; Hutchinson 6/72, Burge 2/19

Newbies' XI 99 for one
Fjermestad 43*

Majin

International Debutant
Geezers XI

DK Rai
M Reddlapalli
RGEWS Cribb
JR Gray
S Popat (6)
GN Nayak (5)
ZE Gelman (wk)
AAA Cameron (4)
MJ Smith (3)
RD Dunn (2)
TV Weber (1)

Reserves: Cribb, Rai

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha! Great match that, very fun. Kennett's walling makes Dravid look like a flimsy wooden gate. Pattato with a half century as well, gun.

Looking forward to the next one :)

David

International 12th Man
Gold, loved it. Batting with Mørk, Patrick and Garven. Brilliant.

Fantastic stuff, hope the crowd enjoyed it.

80 runs from 575, priceless. :laugh:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
If you guys need the rest of the charity games simmed, I do have Internet Test Cricket and HODI on my computer, so I can do them if you like.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Captains vs Geezers
at CW Oval
'
Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Two large hundreds put the game beyond the Captains, who played decently, but without the required consistency. Manjunath Reddlapalli (187) and Jamee Gray (139) became the heroes, while Demeza's four-wicket-spell from the first innings was in vain.

Geezers' XI 375 all out
Reddlapalli 187, Gelman 61, Rai 52; Demeza 4/23, D Smith 4/26

Captains' XI 275 all out
D Smith 99, Mørk 61; Cameron 4/43, Weber 4/49

Geezers' XI 389 all out
Gray 139, Cribb 83; Demeza 3/35, Camps 2/35, Kennett 2/46, D Smith 2/49

Captains' XI 225 all out
Towns 68*; Dunn 4/41, Weber 3/43, M Smith 2/47

Geezers' XI won by 264 runs

Newbies vs Virgins
at Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

A hapless bowling attack was once again utterly trounced, as the Virgins fell to an innings defeat despite a serviceable batting effort. Five hundreds from the Newbies put paid to any hopes, however, as the Newbies put themselves into contention for a finals berth; Hutchinson and West whittled out all resistance after Heads and Ritchie had fought their way to 164 for one in the second innings.

Virgins' XI 413 all out
S Young 111, Bowen 101, Heads 68; Pimpkins 4/41

Newbies' XI 870 for six declared
Morris 196, Fjermestad 150, J Ritchie 113, Fitzsimmons 105*, Pimpkins 101*

Virgins' XI 260 all out
Z Ritchie 83, Heads 75; Hutchinson 4/73, West 3/52

Newbies' XI won by an innings and 197 runs