• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIV Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Masters XI
Friendly OD @ Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

CW Black suffered their first defeat of the preseason when an inexperienced team was beaten comfortably by Masters XI. The visiting pros recovered from a questionable start to post a challenging 260-9, led by Lance Klusener's 60. In response CW Black came undone against the legspin of Upul Chandana and despite Andrew Cloete's promising half-ton, they were defeated by 36 runs.

Masters XI innings 260-9 (50 overs)
Klusener 60, Lara 47, Das 38
MJ Smith 2-35, DP Richards 2-41
Cricket Web Black innings 224 ao (48.4 overs)
Cloete 68, Speirs 39
Chandan 5-50, Saqlain 2-38
Masters XI won by 36 runs.

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
Friendly OD @ CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

There was lots of movement for the bowlers at CW Oval, and a cracking match ensued between CW Colts and CW Red. Dylan Cole and Myles Hutchinson each scored impressive half-centuries to recovered CW Colts from 60-5 to a competitive score of 233-8. CW Red then struggled to get going against some good new ball bowling. Ultimately Matt Luff accelerated, then he was out just as he looked set for a matchwinning ton. Toward the end Zac Ritchie erupted to score an unbeaten 72, but it was not enough and Reds fell a run short in a thrilling finale.

Cricket Web Colts innings 233-8 (50 overs)
Cole 91, Hutchinson 65
Clapham 4-43, Amir 2-38
Cricket Web Red innings 232-3 (50 overs)
Luff 75, Ritchie 72*, DA Kearsley 37*
Cricket Web Colts won by 1 run.

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Blue
Friendly OD @ CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Pete Young and Liam Camps put CW Green to the sword with an opening stand of 256, setting up an enormous total of 321-6. The Greens then collapsed to the swinging ball under lights, as Andy Maina continued his good form with a 3-wicket haul. Nick Scott briefly threatened to turn his team's fortunes, but a tragic mixup saw him run out when he was 21 short of a century. CW Green were made to settle for 195 in total.

Cricket Web Blue Innings 321-6 (50 overs)
P Young 126, Camps 123
Rose 3-59
Cricket Web Green Innings 195 ao (37.5 overs)
Scott 79, Dubb-Lynch 36
Maina 3-40
Cricket Web Blue won by 126 runs.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh another loss...at least we're getting them all out of the road early this season. Wait... :p Nah we'll come good once we've got our best team on the field (y)

Links not working for the Reds/Colts game btw Liam :)

luffy

International Captain
Good to see me facing some quality bowling in the 2nd innings of the FC. Just a shame it was only one ball... Good to score some runs in OD however!

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
disappointing. Just dont have the luck to win a match.. one we get the first win there is no looking back for REDS!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I'm not given bowling orders, I don't owe you anything. I'm not compelled to bowl in any logical fashion. That said, I do manage bowlers as best as I see fit when there's a game on the line. In warm up matches I tend to let bowlers fighting for places get their overs in.

I'm glad you've learnt your lesson though. Send bowling orders or shut your face. :mellow:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some typically economical one-day bowling from Heath there. Showing some form with the bat though - nearly a run-a-ball there...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If I'm not given bowling orders, I don't owe you anything. I'm not compelled to bowl in any logical fashion. That said, I do manage bowlers as best as I see fit when there's a game on the line. In warm up matches I tend to let bowlers fighting for places get their overs in.
Like I originally said, 'pretty irrelevant', and I meant it. I've never complained about it before in over two seasons of games so I'm not sure why you're going so pathetically defensive. If you wanna have a crack then have a crack, don't give me that bull****.