• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIV Discussion and Results

David

International 12th Man
Haha, wtf was that game... Snatched a draw from the hands of defeat, without a doubt.

Haha, what a strange draw. My 6* off 96 and 9* off 61 surely helped. This match will surely hurt my bowling average though. :(
That 6* off 96 was mine.

You got 13(43) & 9*(61)
I got 6*(96) & 4(76)(@ #4)

Did we bore the crowd? Certainly, and with our bowling too. :dry:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, what a strange draw. My 6* off 96 and 9* off 61 surely helped. This match will surely hurt my bowling average though. :(
That first innings 6 not out was Kennett's doing my friend. But your 13 off 43 was equaly important and your second innings 9 in 61 was priceless.

Take a bow.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
After a great start to the year i seem to have forgotten how to bat :(

Gun effort by Scott in the OD game btw

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gee! After getting 711 you'd think we would have won that. Fantastic effort from our batsmen and Thomas. Great to see Butler back in the big runs, and Hopefully Fitzsimmons' 199 won't be his highest first class score. Kerr is a gun!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah looks like we struggled in the absence of myself, Scott, Rose and Read :(

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Top win. I actually managed to make a score, too - really repaid the faith. I tend to have long runs of good form and long runs of shocking form, too, so hopefully this is a sign of things to come for both myself and the team. Kudos to Morris as well, obviously.

Josh

International Regular
After a great start to the year i seem to have forgotten how to bat :(

Gun effort by Scott in the OD game btw
Not to mention me at the tail with 10 off 5 balls :cool: plus 2 wickets to set it all up. ON FIRE!!

"Bring back Forner for FC"; shout his cheer squad, which oddly enough includes his manager, Ben Dover.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On reflection probably should've done for the last game, but needed to give Cameron/Chapman a go at some point anyway.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Masters XI vs Cricket Web Colts
in Casston Reserve

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

A dramatic chase by Masters XI, culminating in a scintillating last over, eventually ended in the Colts claiming a narrow nine-run victory. Wickets in hand was the key difference, as Colts had managed to preserve wickets but scored slower, until the very final overs.

In particular, Colts struggled early on, losing Butler in a farcical run out and Kerr barely striking at fifty during his painful 18. Cole put on a useful 68 with Fitzsimmons for the third wicket, and though Masters broke through twice, this only brought in more aggressive batsmen. In the last 14 overs, Colts made nearly 100 runs, with Bond and Henderson failing to keep things under wraps.

The Masters innings was almost a reverse. After Das went for a five-ball duck and the first ten overs were slow, Imran Farhat began smashing loose, and reached a 55-ball fifty with strikes off Dunn and Pimpkins. Imran and Lara had done enough to Dunn's confidence that he never returned after an initial spell of 4-0-29-0 - Wilson took over the bowling as the emergency solution, and returned two for 33 in a key effort.

Yet, going into the last eleven overs, the Masters looked relatively safe, needing 61 runs with six wickets in hand. No batsman managed to consistenly punish the Colts' bowling, however, and with Spinks' double wicket maiden in the 47th over, Colts looked to be favourites. Masters needed 26 for the final wicket, and Henderson began to whack at everything - two misfields and two piercing drives cut the equation to ten needed. Another drive was attempted from the fifth ball of the over, but this time Henderson got too much lift under it, and Dunn could pluck it off the ground to redeem his bowling effort and complete the victory.

Cricket Web Colts 241 for seven (50)
Fitzsimmons 67, Cole 42; Bond 3/57, Saqlain 2/40

Masters XI 234 all out (47.5)
Lara 66, Imran 66; Wright 3/50 (8.5), Wilson 2/33, Pimpkins 2/44

Cricket Web Colts won by nine runs
Man of the Match: M. W. Wilson (Colts)

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
in CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Cricket Web Black won another one-day match in imperious fashion, assembling 354 for four before whittling out Green for a low total. Green were on pace early on, but three wickets from M Smith put paid to any hopes.

James Stedman was the pick of the Black innings, making 91, though none of the batsmen really looked like getting out. Green got four wickets - two outfield catches, one caught behind and a dragged on yorker - but conceded a bucketload in the process. None of the bowlers ever looked likely to keep them down, and a total of 38 boundaries bears witness to an innings of utter control.

Green started well, reaching 96 for one at the end of the 17th over, with the run rate not spiralling entirely out of control. However, Malone was run out, and Smith had Read lbw and Dinnen caught at slip to leave the hosts with problems. The middle order hobbled over weakly - Garven's 27 off 67 balls was the highest score - as Pickup and Gelman shared out wickets and Black won by 166 runs.

Cricket Web Black 354 for four (50)
Stedman 91, Cloete 76, D Smith 63; E McNamara 3/74

Cricket Web Green 188 all out (43.1)
Malone 39; Pickup 4/30, M Smith 3/47

Cricket Web Black won by 166 runs
Man of the Match: J. E. Stedman (Black)

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
in CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Another successful chase for Blue, as a magnificent hundred from Sean Fuller carried them to a low target of 238 with ease. Maina continued his remarkable one-day bowling form, taking two key wickets and conceding below three an over, while for Red the fifty-over woes continue.

Red batted first, and lost their first three wickets for 51, with Camps and Maina taking one and Luff getting run out. Dauth and Kearsley showed there is some talent in the one-day batting, but Blue still had no problems keeping them honest, and Red finished on 236 for seven despite Mørk's unbeaten 48 off 36 balls.

In response, West and Amir took a wicket in the first fifteen overs, and that was it. Sean Fuller and Peter Young were too classy to ever be threatened, and could even allow Clapham to concede less than two runs an over. The damage could easily be done to other bowlers, Fuller closing off by thumping West for 17 and ensuring victory.

Cricket Web Red 236 for seven (50)
Kearsley 60, Mørk 48*, Dauth 46; Maina 2/28, Camps 2/49

Cricket Web Blue 238 for two (47.5)
Fuller 120*, P Young 64*

Cricket Web Blue won by eight wickets
Man of the Match: S. E. Fuller (Blue)