• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIV Discussion and Results

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Dismissed by Spinks and Pimpkins, i'll never live that one down. Good to see the build-up for the new season though.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty happy with my contribution as captain, a pair of 80's and 11 catches. A shame I couldn't lead us to victory. At least it was a fellow Colts player who took it away from us.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Black
Friendly 5D @ CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Nath Patrick was in inspired form as he warmed up for the season with a 10-wicket haul. After the Black batsmen ran rampant on a good pitch, Patrick demolished the home team with a first innings haul of 7 wickets. On his back, CW Black stormed to victory by 246 runs.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 480 all out
Ritchie 120, Chaulk 103, Bennett 3-68, West 3-91
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 287 all out
Singh 90, West 39, Patrick 7-54, Richards 2-31
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 360 for 6 dec.
Armstrong 114, Blackman 78, Kennett 2-83, Clapham 2-105
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 307 all out
Heads 68, Kearsley 55, Richards 4-45, Patrick 3-69
Cricket Web Black won by 246 runs.

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Colts
Friendly 5D @ CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

A fantastic rearguard ton by Bosco Fitzsimmons helped set up a dramatic win for Cricket Web Colts to start their pre-season preparations. Colts recovered from a first innings deficit of 158, powered by some exciting strokeplay by the young guns, and a terrific team effort broke down CW Green a second time around to win by 82 runs.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 331 all out
Hancock 69, Rai 49, Forner 4-82, Mitchell 2-61
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 489 all out
Garven 131, Cunningham 92*, Bochat 3-114, Dunn 2-81
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 419 all out
Fitzsimmons 118, Kerr 67, Cunningham 6-117, Forner 2-113
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 179 all out
Gonzalez 61, Corrin 24, Bochat 3-56, Wright 3-67
Cricket Web Colts won by 82 runs.

Masters XI vs Cricket Web Blue
Friendly 5D @ Casston Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Masters XI won out in a hard-fought match at Casston Reserve, as Lance Klusener powered his team to a tense win. After Cricket Web Blue fell for 191 on the opening day, it was an uphill struggle. But some encouraging bowling and a stunning Bee Storer hundred kept the visitors in the hunt. Ultimately, however, Klusener was a hero in the clutch.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 191 all out
Crampton 33, Popat 31, Bond 6-73, Odoyo 3-52
Masters XI 1st Innings 291 all out
Klusener 76, Hinds 47, Collins 3-38, Maina 3-101
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 304 all out
Storer 137, Crampton 45, Bond 5-78, Mushtaq 2-44
Masters XI 2nd Innings 205 for 6
Klusener 44*, Marshall 35, Dunbar 2-25, Collins 2-34
Masters XI won by 4 wkts.

Majin

International Debutant
Not the best of starts personally but great signs from our batsmen otherwise. Hancock is gun.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Nice to see my new team get a win and it was a good outing from me imo seeing i haven't played FC for a season and a bit :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dominating performance from teh Blax. Not our strongest outfit either which is really encouraging. Top stuff from Ritchie on club 'debut' and we already knew Chaulk is amazing. Richards superb aswell tbh. Really, really encouraged by that game. Nice.