• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIV Discussion and Results

readie

State Regular
Hahaha hadn't realised that connection till just then:p

Just so others get the joke, I bought my first car yesterday and posted about it elsewhere and then found myself in a car crash here:p - The Irony:p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unless I'm very much mistaken, we aren't the reigning champions. We may have finished on top of the league, but if you want anyone to take that with any ounce of meaning, the final should be scrapped.
The championship is the league. The Cup is...well... a cup. CW Blue = cup holders. CW Black = champions. Said it many a time, tbh.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Extremely disappointing for CW Blue. We needed to do more after choosing to bat first, and then it's shameful to let Jamee ton up. He'd never done it before... :@

Pretty happy with a (hopefully) career saving hundred btw. I got scared after that first innings duck.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The championship is the league. The Cup is...well... a cup. CW Blue = cup holders. CW Black = champions. Said it many a time, tbh.
And I've called it stupid many a time. If you want a cup competition, have a proper one. I don't like being called champions when we were quite obviously not the champions. Don't give a **** about the technical terminology.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nah, makes sense. The champion should only ever be the team with the most points in league play. The cup is something to give incentive for all the non-Black teams. They get the chance to win something.

EDIT - And I don't recall you calling it stupid before this present bitch-fit.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Feel dirty, but agree with Smith. Cup winners should be champions IMO, or else scrap the final.

Also, a sixth team.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Keep it then, but name the final winners champions. Na-daaaaaaaaaaah.

Btw, do we have enough members to constitute a sixth side? Don't know if the idea has been brought up before, but it seems like a good idea imo. Just saying. :)

cbuts

International Debutant
good start to the season for the Colts. Cant beleive we are 2 from2 in od - All that hard work in the off season paying off aye...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, do we have enough members to constitute a sixth side? Don't know if the idea has been brought up before, but it seems like a good idea imo. Just saying. :)
I haven't heard of this sixth side idea before, but it sounds good. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Quite a bizarre sight this, watching a guy argue as to why his team aren't champions

How about for season XV we have a separate Cup, like a proper one, and just leave the league a league, with less games maybe? Just to shut that **** Smith up tttt

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well that was a much better effort by the Reds, delighted to get the double ton, hopefully can continue that form into the season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Instead of the Masters, why not have the U19s as the 6th side?

We'd probably get smashed every game, but it would give us some valuable first class experience and more importantly, help maintain interest, instead of sitting on the sidelines. It's hard to feel involved when the only action you've seen is to be misused by your captain in the seconds.