• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIV Discussion and Results

Majin

International Debutant
Nice game for the fans but could have been so much better for us. Catching all the way through the game was absolutely awful, 12 catches put down is just unacceptable. Some good performances though, Towns was good and Nick and Wilson were guns down the order.

Annoyed I didn't convert the starts I had personally but it's a slight improvement on the pre-season form so we're getting there

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I just discovered I have been scoring a lot of runs in my absence !! :laugh:

90 and 0, 85 n.o. and 52, 39 and 37 in three matches of longer duration is much better than I thought I can do. Maybe I should stay away and allow my talent to flourish unhindered :)
By the way, who decides bating orders? I score 90 as an opener in my first game and get promptly pushed to number 7. Another 137 runs (for once out in that match) still I am stuck at number seven. I think I should talk to Sharad Pawar :@

.... aha. I see. You guys think I am some kind of 21st century Garfield Sobers - right ?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Bugger. Just couldn't get those wickets cheaply enough in the last innings. Pleased to be in form but would rather the team won.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We need to win those games if we're going to be a force this season, really shouldn't have let that one slip.

On the plus side, almost everyone made a major contribution. Fielding was poor though. Really need to sharpen up.

Indipper

State Regular
Strong stuff guys. And if we're looking weaker now as the peanut gallery suggests, what was it like in the olden days?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Awesome! Can't ask for more than a win in the first game. Tough, close game.

Happy with that, everyone contributed at one point or another. Nice.

Solid debut for Sudeep, too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oooh, tough match. 2 noticeable weak points let us down there imho - catching and that wayward speedster taking 1/160 odd.

I think we can take away some positives from that, even if we did lose. :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I just discovered I have been scoring a lot of runs in my absence !! :laugh:

90 and 0, 85 n.o. and 52, 39 and 37 in three matches of longer duration is much better than I thought I can do. Maybe I should stay away and allow my talent to flourish unhindered :)
By the way, who decides bating orders? I score 90 as an opener in my first game and get promptly pushed to number 7. Another 137 runs (for once out in that match) still I am stuck at number seven. I think I should talk to Sharad Pawar :@

.... aha. I see. You guys think I am some kind of 21st century Garfield Sobers - right ?
The first few games you played were pre-season warmups, so the captain (Samuel_Vimes) probably threw you around in the orders to see how you'd go in different positions.