• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIII Discussion and Results

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Played boys, Dwyer made a fitting century to cement his spot i suppose, played mate and everyone else too.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Scoring a double hundred is a bit of nothing achievement when you score half your runs against a ****** bowler like Kexing Su. Man I've played Bangladesh in Test, as well as some average country bowlers and I don't think I've ever faced a worst bowler. That’s including Dutch bowlers in Holland League. Seriously the crappiest bowler to ever play in the Development League, the only real noob around here. Learn bowl mate before you sledge every team and player here. Hope for your sake Black aren't so light on in resources to call you up when you play Blue, cus there plenty more where that came from.

dinu23

International Debutant
Scoring a double hundred is a bit of nothing achievement when you score half your runs against a ****** bowler like Kexing Su. Man I've played Bangladesh in Test, as well as some average country bowlers and I don't think I've ever faced a worst bowler. That’s including Dutch bowlers in Holland League. Seriously the crappiest bowler to ever play in the Development League, the only real noob around here. Learn bowl mate before you sledge every team and player here. Hope for your sake Black aren't so light on in resources to call you up when you play Blue, cus there plenty more where that came from.
hmmm, no love lost between thamba and Su! :D
nice burn though!

47 isn't even a quarter...you may have won that round, but we all know that lbw was plumb...you're going to get it next time we meet...

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
47 isn't even a quarter...you may have won that round, but we all know that lbw was plumb...you're going to get it next time we meet...
You do realise I was half way down the pitch when I was hit on the pads. Mind you considering you already started ducking as you were so scared I was going to smack the right back at you, I'll let you off for not noticing.

You do realise I was half way down the pitch when I was hit on the pads. Mind you considering you already started ducking as you were so scared I was going to smack the right back at you, I'll let you off for not noticing.
with your body shape, it basically is, if you were any closer, you'd be doing a Ul-Haq, lay off the fatty food Chubba...plus, with you, I'd have to duck because with you...the bat flys further then the ball...

Last edited:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
with your body shape, it basically is, if you were any closer, you'd be doing a Ul-Haq, lay off the fatty food Fumba...plus, with you, I'd have to duck because with you...the bat flys further then the ball...
Bat must have flown pretty far last match with 18 fours and two sixs. :laugh:

Pretty pathetic comeback calling someone fat when you have never meet or seen them. Wouldn't expect nothing else from someone like yourself. But if thats the best you got then thats pretty pathetic. No wonder your a one line man and got nothing else but "your a noob." Can't bat, can't bat, can't field and serioursly can't sledge either. Better off keeping your month shut before you make a even bigger fool of yourself. Or alteast put some performance on board before you even attempt your piss poor attempt of sledging someone.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Preseason Round Four

I've been watching Superbad while typing this up so half of it probably doesn't make sense. Again I'm not going to check for typos and sensicality. I did, however, just have time to make up that word.

Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Blue
Casston Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Cricket Web Black suffered at the hands of Pete and Stephen Young, losing to Cricket Web Blue by 7 wickets. Pete Young played another stunning innings to spearhead a comfortable run chase. At the number three position (oops), Young eased to 109 not out from 112 balls. He shared a partnership of 187 for the second wicket with his namesake, and the Cricket Web Black bowlers struggled again on an unresponsive surface.

Heath Davis broke through the defence of Liam Camps jr. (2) early on, but there were no other complications to the chase of 237 for victory. After Neil Pickup deceived Stephen Young (93) with a googly in the 34th over, only 47 runs were needed from the last 97 balls. DeSilva took his place at the crease and clipped a couple of boundaries on the legside, but missed a toe-crushing yorker by Davis with 18 to his name. Only 4 runs were needed and despite a dropped catch by Davis, victory was comfortably in sight. Young soon pushed Pickup confidently to mid-off and scampered through for the winning single.

The CW Black batsmen were made to struggle early on after a brisk start from the experienced openers. James Stedman (26) and Andrew Cloete (31) raced out of the blocks at better than a run-a-ball, but both perished to loose shots against Camps with the new ball. The indiscipline continue after Dan Smith had launched Gooljar for a big six over midwicket. The Black captain miscued a slog sweep and was adjudged lbw four overs later. The Black middle order proceeded to struggle mightily against the spinners in the middle overs. Gerard Armstrong (50) remained solid at the top and he combined with a struggling Daniel Speirs (36) to add 67 for the fifth wicket. It was an effective recovery but one without any momentum and ultimately undermined by a duo of Youngs.

Cricket Web Black innings 236-7 (50 overs)
GAJ Armstrong 50 (87), DG Speirs 36 (73), AP Cloete 31 (26)
GS Gooljar 2-40 (10), G Sriram 2-41 (9), LA Camps 2-45 (10)

Cricket Web Black innings 237-3 (39.5 overs)
PE Young 109* (112), S Young 93 (98)
HT Davis 2-41 (8)

Cricket Web Blue won by 7 wickets.

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Under-19
PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Drama unfolded at the PDV Dome between the evenly matched Cricket Web Red and Cricket Web Green. Fast bowlers David Kennett and Callum Thompson were sensational at the tail-end of the match, and the Reds won through by 10 runs after a dramatic collapse. The duo shared 7 wickets, five of which fell in the last 7 overs of the innings.

Chris Raftery and Sunil Reddy scored 47 apiece and set the Greens a solid platform in chasing 212. The middle order was made to accelerate to chase 81 runs from the final 90 balls, and Gonzalez (26) and Corrin (23) struck a couple of lusty blows each to excite a predominantly Green crowd. After Gonzalez launched Reddlapalli down the ground for six the required rate dropped below 5. But wickets tumbled at an alarming rate, starting with two to Thompson in the 43rd over. The requirement was down to 11 runs from 14 balls with the final pairing at the wicket. The game was on a knife egde and Kennett charged in and bowled a sharp bouncer at Paddy Gundry. He scooped the ball uppishly to midwicket and fittingly Thompson took the winning catch.

The CW Red innings was also undermined by a dramatic late collapse. Legspinner Martyn Corrin cashed in on some frantic batting with a six-wicket haul after coming on as fifth change. The startling slide from 139-2 began with the dismissal of match top scorer Rob Dauth, trapped lbw for 59. A score of 211 looked barely competitive, but proved comfortably enough.

Cricket Web Red innings 211 (50 overs)
RJ Dauth 59 (85), GKK Dobson 38 (57), JR Gray 29 (51)
M Corrin 6-33 (9), R Malone 2-20 (4)

Cricket Web Green innings 201 (47.5 overs)
CP Raftery 47 (78), S Reddy 47 (87), JP Gonzalez 26 (26)
DM Kennett 4-44 (9.5), CP Thompson 3-31 (8)

Cricket Web Red won by 10 runs.

Cricket Web Under-19 v Cricket Web Colts
Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

The Under-19s put in another impressive performance, but fell 7 runs short of their second upset in as many one-day matches. Ultimately the Cricket Web Colts did enough to hang on, though the bowling and fielding was atrocious at times.

The Colts openers darted off against the loose bowling of the Under-19s after winning the toss. Daniel Towns got a little nick to the 'keeper with a quickfire 38 to his name and the innings run rate closing in on 7 per over. The breakthrough slowed the pace somewhat, but Will Kerr provided solid support to Shan Jasotharan from the number three spot. Kerr eventually checked in with 76 from 105 balls and then played on to an Ethan McNamara slower ball. Jasotharan was out much sooner, tied down and out for 68 after he had raced to his half-century from 48 balls. There was a minor slide late on, but some assured batting by Nick Hancock (24 not out) pushed the innings along to 266. With such a total the Colts would have hoped to put the game away comfortable. But the Pickford Reserve's batting-friendly surface left nothing for granted.

The Under-19s started carefully, faced with some sharp new ball bowling. When the required rate had reached a run-a-ball the batsmen switched gears and truly attacked the target. The opening partnership of 125 was ultimately broken by Tarick Weber amidst an oustanding period of pressure by the Colts spinners. Chris Butler crucially bowled Matt Luff with a legcutter for 93 and Ashley Arnold played around a straight ball from Bochat for 29.

Momentum was lost and despite the efforts of Aseem Sharma (35 off 34) and Ben Read (15 off 9) it could not adequately be regained. Of 24 runs needed from the final 12 balls, 12 were scored in the 49th over. Captain Kyle Wright took the responsibility if the final over and pulled through with some clever yorkers and full slower balls.

Cricket Web Colts 266-6 (50 overs)
WA Kerr 76 (105), S Jasotharan 68 (77), CR Butler 39 (52)
ZJ Ritchie 2-41 (10), EAP McNamara 2-42 (8)

Cricket Web Under-19 259-5 (50 overs)
MD Luff 93 (109), J Griffen 62 (87), A Sharma 35 (34)
CR Butler 2-62 (9)

Cricket Web Colts won by 7 runs.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, I'm loving the pre-season itbt. Should count towards FC/List A stats IMO :p

On that note, gun bowling effort from Kennett and Thompson there.

Last edited: