• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIII Discussion and Results

tadeusz

State 12th Man
*sigh* I may as well not post for all the good I'm doing this season. At least I made a few runs.....:unsure:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Love Chaulk in a partner in crime sort of way. Will be best man at my wedding. Langer and Hayden have nothing on us.

ash chaulk

International Captain
can be bothered going through the record books atm but steddy teddy and i must have heaps of the top 5 highest opening partnerships.

very pleased with another 100 in some good form. would like to thank sir daniel smith

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, same two people opened both the batting and bowling. Can't have happened much.

Anyway, really solid performance. Several strong contributors with the bat and then Camps tore them apart with the new ball.

cpr

International Coach
FFS, drop down to 4 in the order, and we lose a wicket. Should be kept at 3 imo, the fear of me batting really does spur on those ahead of me. God knows how many century partnerships i've sat and watched (and if i do come in, managed a duck by the end of the over)

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
How hard is it to come online for 5/10 minutes a day and post 'go green' or 'good game'? Seriously though.
Obviously some have more free time than others? Furthermore numerous people post merely to boost thier own post count, not with the purpose off creating a constructive discussion. I remember this being brought up by a high profile member who left before. And yes he also stated his dislike for MR Mzyxptlk - the CW busy body!

Majin

International Debutant
The inactivity rules are there to give a fair shout to everyone. Why should someone who never bothers to show their face in the dev league forums get to play out a whole season of dev league cricket when they're not even paying attention to it, and are possibly keeping somebody who is active and is prominent in the league and enjoys taking part out of the team? They shouldn't, and that's why they're there. There's nothing anywhere that says that people should "post daily" and calling it an oppresive rule is daft. If you haven't got enough free time in a week to make one post in a forum to let people know you're paying attention, what the hell did you sign up for it in the first place for? Making a huge deal over nothing tbh.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Signed up last season, Dan reminded me to re-sign this year. If people want to play every game, then surely they should have made thier stats better when they signed up? common sense really? And a Captain should pick the best team, not try and please everybody. If you want to win you find a way.

DCC_legend

International Regular
I was under the impression that the captain(s), well, of the greens anyway, was picking the best team. I'm sure it's the same of most of the other teams. Now the inactivty ruling has been brought in, i'm sure most captains can't/wont pick the same team from game to game due to the reduced stats and such.

I'm sure if you're really THAT fussed, 5 minutes isn't too much time to spare.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Ye, im sure it was......
Personally I think it is down to one person. And I put it to them, that they are a ****

DCC_legend

International Regular
Meh, your opinion, i suppose. Don't have any objections to the ruling myself, well, because i can find the time in 14 days to post a few words to keep me active.

But if you feel that way, (Y)