• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIII Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Preseason Round One

Probably riddled with errors and such, but can't be bothered to check for them a 2:16am. Enjoy.

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Blue
Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Cricket Web Red got their preseason off to the perfect start with a strong showing against Cricket Web Blue. The Reds were denied by weather and the resilience of Sean Fuller and Liam Camps, but emerged the clearly dominant side. Behind a sublime 282 from captain Mørk and centuries from Dobson and Dauth, CW Red climbed to 647-6 after bowling the Blues out for 177. In the second innings, CW Blue showed more fight, but met the close of play with relief at 211-5 on the final day.

The Red seamers were firing on all cylinders when they dismantled the Blue batting in perfect batting conditions on the opening day. Demeza had chosen to bat first but aside from Rob Cribb's brave 66, there was little else of note for CW Blue. In response Mørk and Dobson stole the headlines with an enormous opening partnership of 359. After toiling for a day and half for the opening wicket - Dobson caught at point - young Sriram should have dismissed Dauth in the same over, but Fuller shelled the chance at slip. It was a costly miss, and Dauth went on to partner Mørk for another 197 runs, scoring 101 in the process. Fuller was at the centre of an even more costly missed chance earlier, when Young dropped Mørk on 33 off his bowling.

CW Red eventually declared after almost 200 overs in the middle, leaving CW Blue the better part of a day to survive for a draw. As was the case throughout the game, the weather intervened frustratingly often, ensuring that the task of CW Blue to be far easier. Aside from an explosive 41, however, none of the top order looked very assured. But the union of Fuller and Camps at 107-4 brought some solidity and ultimately saved the game for CW Blue.

Cricket Web Blue 1st innings 178
RGEWS Cribb 66, PE Young 25, LA Camps 24
DJ Watt 3-34, DM Kennett 3-41, CP Thompson 2-39

Cricket Web Red 1st innings 647-6 dec.
H Mørk 282, GKK Dobson 155, RJ Dauth 101
G Sriram 2-115, TJ Demeza 2-165

Cricket Web Blue 2nd innings 211-5
LA Camps 43*, SE Fuller 43, RF Bowen 41
CP Thompson 1-35

Match drawn.

Cricke Web Colts v Cricket Web Under-19
PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

There were impressive signs from both sides but the Colts emerged victorious by 153 runs on a sporting PDV Dome surface. The Colts recovered nicely after their decision to bat first resulted in a scoreline of 6-2 in the 4th over. Shan Jasotharan stunned and delighted with 158 from 116 balls as his partner Kerr buckled down for a solid 80 in support. They put on 221 runs for the fifth wicket and set up a total of 393. The Colts may have had more if not for an astonishing comeback by Ethan McNamara. He took 4 for 7 on the second morning and finished with excellent figures of 6 for 66.

The young Webheads started poorly in losing Luff (3), but impressed with the manner of counterattack staged by Ashley Arnold (105) and Aseem Sharma (87). The two were severe on anything marginally loose, as Thad Bochat in particular was taught, going at 8 runs-per-over at one stage. After the early fireworks - 185 for the second wicket - captain Zac Ritchie settled in for a flowing, classy knock of 57. But the rest of the middle flattered to deceive, and Bochat fought back well to help limit the innings to 317.

CW Colts advanced confidently with their first innings lead of 76. They built it to 397 when the final wicket fell in the third innings of the match. Chris Butler played beautifully for 92, advancing to the 90s with ease before he was stifled and dismissed short of a deserved hundred. The Under-19 bowlers were much improved on the whole, though Blake Donald stood out with his expert display of reverse swing with the old ball. An imposing target of 398 always looked out of reach of the Under-19s, though they batted solidly and there was little pride lost in a score of 244.

Cricket Web Colts 1st innings 393
S Jasotharan 158, WA Kerr 80, CR Butler 39
EAP McNamara 6-66, RG Dunn 2-89

Cricket Web Under-19 1st innings 317
AR Arnold 105, AS Sharma 84, ZJ Ritchie 57
NR Hancock 3-34, T Bochat 3-101

Cricket Web Colts 2nd innings 321
CR Butler 92, DP Towns 52, DK Rai 40
BC Donald 3-39, EAP McNamara 2-52

Cricket Web Under-19 2nd innings 244
A Sharma 47, L Tyson 38, AR Arnold 37
T Bochat 4-100, TV Weber 2-36

Cricket Web Colts won by 153 runs.

Cricke Web Black v Cricket Web Green
Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Cricket Web Black were left stunned as Cricket Web Green issued a crushing reminder of their potential, winning by an innings and 113 runs at the Fardin Qayyumi Cricket Centre. Three batsmen scored centuries in a mammoth first innings of 690-7, and CW Green took a commanding lead of 472. Everything fell into place for the Greens, who had elected to bowl first in murky and wet conditions. CW Black received a lovely innings of 92 from captain Dan Smith, but no one else crossed 50 and they were all out for 218.

The Green response was legendary and potentially record-breaking, had the game been deemed a first-class match. Anthony Lezama (70) and Rob Malone jr. (117) set a platform of 197 at the top of the innings, and only Sunil Reddy (0) failed in an epic team performance. Chris Raftery, formerly a spin bowler, evidenced his hard work in the nets with a timely 159 in the middle order. But he was outshone by the more experienced Dubb-Lynch, who lashed 14 fours and 4 sixes in 165 not out. Martyn Corrin (51) and Bryce Cunningham (50 not out) also contributed half-centuries, whilst Nick Scott showed promise with his 35.

The large deficit set the Blacks a task of surviving just over two days to save the game. The openers negotiated 5 overs on the evening of day three, the increased their partnership to 63 on the morning of day four. After Smith was trapped in front by a Corrin arm ball, the top order fell away and at 125-4, the Greens closed in on a memorable win. Defiance came from Ash Chaulk, Daniel Speirs and Zac Gelman. Chaulk scored a measured 101 and Speirs played some lovely shots in compiling 53. After he was out, Gelman came to the crease and was put down by Cameron first ball. He made the chance count to score 50 and push the game past tea on the fifth day.

For a time it seemed the weather might spare the blushes of CW Black, but the run out Chaulk triggered a swift collapse at the hands of Tom Halsey. None of the tail could adequately cope with his legspin, and when Mitchell claimed the wicket of Gelman, the result was certain.

Cricket Web Black 1st innings 218
DP Smith 92, AP Chaulk 41, ZE Gelman 25
BC Cunningham 3-38, AA Cameron 2-26, TC Halsey 2-33

Cricket Web Green 1st innings 690-7 dec.
DY Dubb-Lynch 165*, CP Raftery 159, R Malone 117, M Corrin 51, BC Cunningham 51*
DP Smith 2-58, ZE Gelman 2-95

Cricket Web Black 2nd innings 359
AP Chaulk 101, DG Speirs 53, ZE Gelman 50
TC Halsey 3-56, BC Cunningham 3-59

Cricket Web Green won by an innings and 113 runs.

Don

State Vice-Captain
great perfomance greens. lets keep that intensity going for the entire season.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Immense innings from Mork, and well supported by Dobson & Dauth who were also fantastic. Shame the weather prevented a likely win...

Good to see Sharma & Ritchie getting some runs under their belt for the U-19s as well.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me, destroyed Black.

According to the teamsheet Garven emailled me, i was captain too. Awesome. :cool:

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
**** me, destroyed Black.

According to the teamsheet Garven emailled me, i was captain too. Awesome. :cool:

Wish i could motivate people to bat like that ;)

Awesome effort with the bat, good to see the openers working well together. Dubb-Lynch and Raftery both played beautifully off a great platform. Cunningham and Halsey both found some form with the ball too which is good.

McNamara picked up 6 for the u/19's too!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nice all-round performance there Colts. Disappointed that we couldn't make more with the bat though...

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I know, we should've had more runs, again Out in the 150-199, I need to convert better then that...Still, 158 runs, nice win...Let's see if everyone can shift another gear next match...

This Ethan McNamara is setting his sights on being the number 1 McNamara it seems...

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Since when do i bat 10 you people have way to much faith in me and we really shouldve done better there

Bobisback

International Regular
Hmm interesting, why did i bowl, didnt i get changed to a bat, meaning my bowling stats got changed to insanely bad?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
great win there greens. a big performnce and happy with that. very promising but only the 1st game so lets not get too carried away......happy to continue in dads legacy......

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not worried in the slightest, anyone happen to look at the side we put out? Probably less than half strength. Can never be happy to lose by an innings to anyone, but I'll live.

it seems that the youth need more pushing...

losing is totally unacceptable, to make it worse, it was againest the noobs...