• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIII Contract Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, the opt stand for optional, which a 4th centrally contracted player is, and then you cost an extra 5 points on top of your original 5.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Black signs controversial quick.

<<<<<WHOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH>>>>>

CW Black have signed Heath Davis for a two year contract. Heath expressed his disdain for umpires and veal whilst kicking back a six pack of Emu Bitter, before putting pen to paper on a deal that will hopefully put to start a long and successful career.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Smith's way with words coming along like his batting I see.

Good to have you on board Heath.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Davis confirms...

Heath Davis was captured on camera shortly after the announcement from CW Black headquarters making objectionable hand gestures at a wheelchair bound charity campaigner. When pressed, the campaigner said "All I asked was whether he'd signed for Black. He told me its all confirmed, now **** off. I thought it was more than a little needless."

Davis was later seen asleep on a number 91 bus parked at the local bus station.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Updated funds

The considerations:

1. Standard 4 point bursary to each team from CWBCC. Allows teams to comfortably sign their rookies from last season.
2. Prize winnings of 2 points for each of a title or trophy (CW Black 4, CW Blue 2, CW Red 2).
3. Remaining points from last season capped at 2 and roll over (CW Green 2, CW Colts 2, CW Red 1).
4. Adjustments for contract, considering option fees.

Totals:

CW Black - 68
CW Red - 67
CW Blue - 66
CW Green - 66
CW Colts - 66

These totals will be edited into first post.

Remaining funds:

CW Green - 29 (66 - 37)
CW Colts - 23 (66 - 43)
CW Blue - 21 (66 - 45)
CW Black - 18 (68 - 50)
CW Red - 16 (67 - 51)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Red offer first rookie contract

Batsman Aseem Sharma, who scored four fifties in Cricket Web Red's successful first-class season last year, has been offered a two-year extension of his rookie contract with the Red Army. Captain Håkon Mørk jr. was scarce with comments to the press, but noted that "Sharma is a talented player and will challenge for a spot in both lineups next season. As a rookie and a D-rated player, he can not expect to play every game, but will certainly be given a fair chance to develop further at the club."

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Another player inks new deal with CW Black

Promising young batsman Gerard Armstrong has signed back on to the Black squad, inking a new 2 year deal. When quizzed on his likely batting position, Armstrong answered with a concise "Your mother", before cracking the reporter in the side of the face with a half full tin of cashews.

Police have confirmed that no charges were laid.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I'm pretty sure I've been at Black two seasons, and signed only a two year contract at the start of the stint.