• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* New team for Season XIII

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apologies if my maths is wrong, but...

Goughy's version - 6 International Players
Campso Calypso's - min of 11 International Players

:S
Of course there would be more internationals this way, but as per this sentence here:

By grouping all the overseas players in one team, we expand the competition (more games and more opportunities for players to be picked) whilst we avoid the problem of the overseas players robbing these fringe players of places in the team.
It's different. Overseas players in the individual teams robs players of game time. Grouping the overseas players together increases the league by 8 games per team, and therefore allows more opportunities for selection. It also, as overstated, improves the quality of competition by supplying very good opposition.

Travis_Teh

International Regular

Think you missed Liam's point by about the length of Western Australia's border hey. Close :cool:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah that was my thought. If a 6th team were to added it would give more oppotunities to fringe players if it was made of CW players. With the standard boosted by the overseas pro. A new team would add games for those on the outside, not less.

However, if there isnt enough people to do this, even with 6 overseas players added, then thats fair enough.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Yeah that was my though. If a 6th team were to added it would give more oppotunities to fringe players if it was made of CW players. With the standard boosted by the overseas pro. A new team would add games for those on the outside, not les.

However, if there isnt enough people to do this, even with 6 overseas players added, then thats fair enough.
I'd say most teams would be really struggling for numbers with absent international players if the CW players were divided umongst 6 teams.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yeah that was my thought. If a 6th team were to added it would give more oppotunities to fringe players if it was made of CW players. With the standard boosted by the overseas pro. A new team would add games for those on the outside, not less.

Fact is that we don't have enough players as yet. That's the ultimate goal, but it won't achieved until Season XIII at the very least. Every season we get lots of new signups and only a handful at most tend to stick around. Add that to inactivity and retirements of longer serving players and we're still left with a player pool more fitting to five than six teams.

Consider this Masters XI experimental.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fact is that we don't have enough players as yet. That's the ultimate goal, but it won't achieved until Season XIII at the very least. Every season we get lots of new signups and only a handful at most tend to stick around. Add that to inactivity and retirements of longer serving players and we're still left with a player pool more fitting to five than six teams.

Consider this Masters XI experimental.
Fair enough :)

Majin

International Debutant
I think this team should be eligible to win the leagues as well as the trophies, I mean if they're going to be in the comp anyway not having them have a chance to win it would seem a bit daft. Plus, I don't think any of the teams would really like to think that they would become champions by default if they were second to a masters team, but that's just my opinion

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any chance this Master XI can include current internationals or fringe internationals. The only real question mark I have is how good this side would be of guys at the very back end of their career.

If the whole objective is to bring in a side that will give us good competition. Then why not look to bring over players who play in countries with lower wages but are still at the peak of their careers. Its very common for high quality players to look to play in overseas competition even during their main summer. So its not unlrealistic at all to see a team full of fringe internationals in a domestic competition.

If you want to be realistic I can't see how a side full of retirees is going to be that competitive even with some of high profile retirements lately.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Lower Internationals? Cricketeers from Estonia, Fiji, Denmark, Italy, Afganistan and the Netherlands? Why not?

Come to think of it, why not have a lower International side in as well, it'll also give them development as well, I believe Estonia is open, but we could try Afganistan too

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Is there any chance this Master XI can include current internationals or fringe internationals. The only real question mark I have is how good this side would be of guys at the very back end of their career.
It will be a squad of 15, containing 6 high profile players and 9 professional cricketers who never really established themselves in internationals. The only retirees will be among the high profile players.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Lance Klusener signs on for Masters XI

The CWBCC secured the signature of former South Africa allrounder Lance Klusener, as the first contract secured by the Masters XI. Klusener, still a potent force with bat and ball, is one of the "AllStar XI" which will contribute to the ultimate squad of 15. Five other high profile players are expected to be signed to the team.

A spokesman from the CWBCC expressed that the rest of the AllStar XI will hopefully be named over the next week. Presently rumours surround Shane Warne, Chris Cairns and Saqlain Mushtaq.

Mr Mxyzptlk

New Zealand 'A' and Australia 'A' won 5D and OD respectively in the debut season of the Dev League. Granted, there was just one CW team then. Season 2 FC was won by India 'A', with the Devs taking out the OD title.