• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

PY

International Coach
Marc Robbins anchored a thrilling run chase, playing another one of his famous innings under pressure in a 3-wicket win for Cricket Web Black.
Just a quick pointer. Thanks for the reports Liam. :)

Disappointing for Blue but there are signs we shall be there or thereabouts at the end. Colts looking a pretty decent outfit to be honest.

Going to be a beast of a season. :cool:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hm. A performance that shows we at least have a bowling attack to rattle most teams around, taking a 130-run lead after losing the toss on a good day was excellent. From 130 for nine onwards I'm rather sorry to say that Black looked the better team, but we hauled it home.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

Disappointing for Blue but there are signs we shall be there or thereabouts at the end. Colts looking a pretty decent outfit to be honest.

His problem there is it's such a chasmic culture shock.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A DK special saves the day.

The perfect tailender - stays in, but doesn't attempt to take any of the limelight by scoring runs, thus making the middle order player's efforts look more impressive than they actually were :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol. That report was like a marathon. I realize that I'm no Mitchell, when I'm struggling to rush down a match report after 2am. Longest 15 minutes of my life. :ph34r:

The top order looks very imposing for Blue. It's a shame about Camps' hopelessness with the bat right now.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A DK special saves the day.

The perfect tailender - stays in, but doesn't attempt to take any of the limelight by scoring runs, thus making the middle order player's efforts look more impressive than they actually were :D
Much praise due to Kennett, no doubt, but you really rediscovered the form that has defined your career. You're the Mike Hussey of CW cricket at the best of times.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Don't think I could have scripted that game any better. Fantastic showing, guys. Really impressed with that, better win that I'd imagined. Still, this is just a warmup, won't mean anything until we do it in the regular season consistently.

But I really think we'll do just that this season. Our batting is on fire, and we arguably weren't at full strength (although I have to say, it was the two people who came in for Hoppy & Shaggy that performed the best... awesome depth).

Woman of the match, Liam. Not man. ;)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good effort by the Reds their. Fairly solid hit out all around and nice to see that i can score some runs and hopefully will continue to do so and keep my spot.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go Reds, and U19's. Good effort by both. Very pleased to be called a "strike bowler" by Liam.