• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed with my stint in the First Class team, I don't know what I can do to try and get some runs under my belt.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
June 1

Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Black
Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

A thumping hundred from Simom Fitzsimmons gave Cricket Web Colts the slightly better share of a generally even draw at the Pickford Reserve. Fitzsimmons launched into the Cricket Web Black attack for 118 from 149 balls on the final day, after weather prompted a declaration from Dan Smith with 340 at hand.

Smith had chosen to bat way back on day one, and a top order failure was masked by the return of Alex Blackman to very nearly his best form. He scored the first of two half-centuries in the game, as he continued on his road back from the wilderness of suspension. Also supplying half-centuies were Corey McMeekin and the in-form Dave Richards, whilst Nick Borcich attacked for 45 from 88 balls down the innings' stretch. Thomas, Wright and Hancock shared woeful figures of 66-4-240-5, but Wilson and Rai were outstanding and economical, though each only took 2 wickets in the innings of 341 all out.

The Colts response was hampered early by the loss of Fitzsimmons to a cracking Patrick delivery. Malthus followed at 57-2, dragging on Blake Donald, and Mark Hopgood came to the crease with Towns looking to establish himself. The Colts vice-captain continued the best first-class season of his career, scoring his 3rd hundred as anchor to 381 all out. Hopgood gave solid support with 46. The headline-grabbing performance came from Shan Jasotharan, however. After some mixed results following a fine start to his season, Jasotharan scorched a century from 109 balls. He improved to 114, then was adjudged lbw to Richards, who took 4 wickets in the innings. Rai was organized for 27 not out in the final press.

The Blacks trailed by 42 runs when they faced up for the second time, and did so amidst interruptions for bad light late on day three. At stumps they were 57 for the loss of Arnold (17). Smith continued his chancy innings on the fourth day, in stark contrast to the classy Blackman, who offered only a half-chance after he had scored 63. Both batsmen reached fifties, however, but neither could carry on to a hundred. That task was left up to Gerard Armstrong. After a savage cameo of 46 from Markus was ended, Armstrong held the innings together amidst a collapse against the second new ball. CW Black ended day four leading by exactly 300 runs. Attempts to up the ante on the final morning were mixed in success, as the weather always threatened to intervene. Smith finally called his team on 381-8, and with Armstrong on 126 not out.

Immediately the rain poured down, and 10 overs were lost, leaving 60 overs for the Colts to bat. They started positively and with intent of posing a challenge of the target, despite a very worn pitch and inconsistent bounce. When Malthus was caught at lone slip for 50, CW Black needed 220 from 30.5 overs. The pitch still uncertain, Towns came in at his regular spot ahead of a more aggressive Jasotharan. The batsmen were sill untroubled by the bowling, and scored 38 runs from the next 9.5 overs. When the rains came for a second time, lasting for half-an-hour, any chance of a Colts victory was effectively eliminated. So the batsmen played for their averages, continuing to be positive but without taking undue risks. Fitzsimmons brought up his ton from 133 balls, and Towns raised his 50 in what was scheduled the final over of the game, but the umpires ruled that one more over be bowled, at 7:09pm. Richards removed Towns with the first ball of that over, allowing Hopgood to strike two boundaries in a 5-ball stay.

Cricket Web Black 1st 341 all out (113.3 overs)
I Markus 69, AJ Blackman 67, DP Richards 53, NA Borcich 45
MW Wilson 2-36, DK Rai 2-42

Cricket Web Colts 1st 383 all out (132 overs)
S Jasotharan 114, DP Towns 113, MR Hopgood 46
DP Richards 4-70, BB Fox 2-82

Cricket Web Black 2nd 381-8 (120 overs)
GAJ Armstrong 126*, AJ Blackman 77, DP Smith 54, I Markus 46
KS Wright 3-86, GM Thomas 3-96

Cricket Web Colts 2nd 251-2 (61 overs)
SG Fitzsimmons 118*, DP Towns 51

Match drawn.
Man of the Match: DP Towns

Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Green
CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

An excellent showing from the Cricket Web Blue seam attack paved the way for a comfortable win in a largely tight match against Cricket Web Green. The bowlers on both sides were in fine form, and hard-fought batting performances were therefore what separated these two teams on either end of the first-class table.

There were only 12 runs between the teams on first innings. Thamba Mamesh hit 85 from 116, as no other CW Blue batsmen crossed 50 in a moderate score of 223 all out. Robert Cribb (44) and Ben Wilshere (37) showed some promise, but neither delivered on their starts. Josh Forner - the young and raw CW Green fast bowler - was in excellent rhythm, finding his feet and taking 4-53 in the innings. But Xavier Rose was perhaps the most consistently impressive of the bowlers, despite taking just 1 wicket in his 14 overs.

Like Mamesh for CW Blue, Anthony Lezama played for the lone standout half-century in CW Green's turn in the middle. He scored 65, and threatened partnerships with Nick Scott (36) and Andrew Garven (26), but a brilliant return by Travis Demeza - 5 for 86 - limited CW Green to 211 all out, after looming on 155-2. Darren Dubb-Lynch tried to hold the lower order together, but was last out for 29. The seamers shared the wickets for CW Blue, and their synergy was what secured a slim lead of 12 runs.

Mamesh attempted to run with that lead, but was cut short by a spiteful Rose lifter, out for 38. Young continued, then was run out for 39, and Ullungura flashed loosely outside offstump to be caught for 47. The middle order was dismantled by Andy Cameron's double blow, and Sean Fuller was left to bat with the lower order and get the total over 200. He scored 31 and departed at 227-8, then Adam Collins twice slogged Cameron into the midwicket stands in an innings of 24. The invaluable knock carried the score 250 all out. Cameron ended with 5 for 72, and CW Green faced a challenging 263 to win, though in good batting conditions.

The left-arm attack of Collins and Demeza rocked the Green top order, sending Lezama, Scott and Malone back with 18 on the board. Both Corrin and Garven received let-offs against Demeza, and looked to be playing CW Green back into the game with a partnership of 46. A devastating run out then dealt for captain Garven, out for 18, and the innings went into freefall again. Dunn had Corrin caught at third slip, then Dubb-Lynch eased into to boundaries on the front foot, before edging Dunn to second slip for 11. Bowen put down Rose off Dunn, and the Greens looked to demand payment for the miss. Cunningham and Rose brutalized the attack, particularly Fuller, whose 2 overs cost 26 runs. But Demeza returned and Cunningham was caught at slip by Fuller for 33. The major threat gone, Rose continued to stir things up by battering the bowling with Forner, then he too was caught at slip off Collins. Collins pegged Cameron in front of his stumps, on the back foot, and Dunn took his 3rd wicket on the morning of day four, ending the game with 90 runs to the advantage of CW Blue.

Cricket Web Blue 1st 223 all out (70.3 overs)
T Mamesh 85, RGEWS Cribb 44, BL Wilshere 37
JNE Forner 4-53, BC Cunningham 3-35, AA Cameron 2-45

Cricket Web Green 1st 211 all out (63.2 overs)
A Lezama 65, NG Scott 36, DY Dubb-Lynch 29
TJ Demeza 5-86, SE Fuller 2-26, RG Dunn 2-36

Cricket Web Blue 2nd 250 all out (93.3 overs)
J Ullungura 47, PE Young 39, T Mamesh 38
AA Cameron 5-72, XPA Rose 2-58

Cricket Web Green 1st 172 all out (38.1 overs)
XPA Rose 37, BC Cunningham 33, AJ Garven 31
RG Dunn 3-23, AAA Collins 3-39, TJ Demeza 3-57

Cricket Web Blue won by 90 runs.
Man of the Match: TJ Demeza

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
how abd am i going . injure me again liam we where going better with out me........retire me early lol..for the good of the greens lol.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
That was long over due! Pity we drawed

BTW Towns, Surely you'd need less then 300 balls to get a ton?

Majin

International Debutant
Decent match, shame about the rains. Good performances from the batsmen, bowling could have been better though.

Happy with my first innings, bowled crap in the second. Enjoying my good touch with the bat at the moment, though.