• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah I blame the CWBCC for producing flat pitches and unsporting and average boosting tactics from opposing captains and batsmen. It's producing far too many flat track bullies and not allowing the Blacks the easy run to the premiership that we deserve. :cool:
You can whinge about flat tracks I suppose, but whinging about the batting tactics is just dire IMO. If you can't get the batsmen out, it isn't their fault. What do you expect them to do - chuck their wickets away so Black can win?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I blame the CWBCC for producing flat pitches and unsporting and average boosting tactics from opposing captains and batsmen. It's producing far too many flat track bullies and not allowing the Blacks the easy run to the premiership that we deserve. :cool:
Again, these pitches are far more realistic than those we've had in past seasons. And as for average-boosting, when most batsmen struggle to maintain an average in the 30s, you know there's need for a boost. The pitches before were far too lenient on bowlers, resulting in flattering averages for bowlers not up to Test standard.

Mr Mxyzptlk

You can whinge about flat tracks I suppose, but whinging about the batting tactics is just dire IMO. If you can't get the batsmen out, it isn't their fault. What do you expect them to do - chuck their wickets away so Black can win?
Exactly. Ridiculous rant really.

Cloete

International Captain
Exactly. Ridiculous rant really.
It was tongue in cheek to be honest. I was merely talking about the Blacks inability to turn draws into wins.

The "Black should be streaks ahead of everyone at the top of the table in FC, but these draws are really holding us back." was more a bit of Dev League banter than my actual beliefs. I also thought the seriousness of theentire second post was annulled by the use of the smiley. Guess I forgot to add the "THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!" remark.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It was tongue in cheek to be honest. I was merely talking about the Blacks inability to turn draws into wins.

The "Black should be streaks ahead of everyone at the top of the table in FC, but these draws are really holding us back." was more a bit of Dev League banter than my actual beliefs. I also thought the seriousness of theentire second post was annulled by the use of the smiley. Guess I forgot to add the "THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!" remark.
Only taken seriously because it's not the first time someone has complained about pitches this season.

Cloete

International Captain
Only taken seriously because it's not the first time someone has complained about pitches this season.
Ah ok. If I honestly wanted to complain I would have gone out of my way to actually check the conditions of each pitch, of which I have no idea, not even the Blacks home ground.

Mr Mxyzptlk

May 26

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Black
Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Another brilliant hundred from Ash Chaulk and a some clever medium-paced bowling from James Stedman inspired a comfortable win for Cricket Web Black over Cricket Web Green. Chaulk helped set up a total of 291-8, then Stedman bowled very effectively to slow the CW Green run rate and deny them a successful chase.

Some 11 fours and a towering six over long-off highlighted a stunning and well-paced innings by Chaulk. After a rare Stedman failure - 26 from 28 balls - Chaulk bore the brunt of the responsibility in CW Black pressing on. He and Cloete engaged in a 156-run stand for the second wicket, but the Greens fought back with a reverse-swinging old ball late in the innings. Chaulk was lbw to Garven for 106 from 117 balls, then Rose dismissed Cloete and Blackman in the space of 3 balls in the following over. From the final 10 overs, only 57 runs could be gathered, though Dave Richards played one of the shots of the season, adjusting to Mitchell's bouncer with a hook-swat on bended knee to clear the boundary. That the shot was to the first ball he saw made it even more spectacular.

Particularly against the strike force of Kev Gough, the Greens faced a hard task to start positively in chasing such a large total. And true to his form, the young fast bowler took an early wicket. Malone hooked at a sharp bouncer, but was caught comfortably in the deep by Patrick. Nick Scott had no such fears, though he survived a confident shout against Patrick early on, and he set about to bat CW Green into contention. The score moved along comfortably between Lezama and Scott, though the required run rate moved over 6.5 by the time the former was out. Scott was run out for 61, then Lezama missed an ugly swipe to be bowled for 45. Corrin and Dubb-Lynch could not time the older ball on a slowing pitch, and all momentum was lost. Smith called Stedman to action and he mixed his pace well, proving a chore to dispatch and furthering the mounting pressure.

Tom Halsey and Bryce Cunningham struck the ball fiercely, if briefly, at the end. But at that stage there was no hope of victory. When time ran out, CW Green were still 39 runs short of a win.

Cricket Web Black 291-8 (50 overs)
AP Chaulk 106 [117], AP Cloete 83 [84], JE Stedman 26 [28]
XPA Rose 3-56 [10], TC Halsey 2-55 [8]

Cricket Web Green 253-8 (50 overs)
NG Scott 61 [86], A Lezama 46 [55], M Corrin 34 [42]
KJ Gough 3-56 [9], NS Pickup 2-42 [10]

Cricket Web Black won by 38 runs.
Man of the Match: AP Chaulk

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Blue
CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Matt Smith played well for his 11 runs, crucially supporting Rob Bowen as Cricket Web Blue beat Cricket Web Red by 3 wickets. After a professional bowling performance, the Blues almost wasted their opportunities with the bat, but the cool heads of Bowen and Smith achieved a favourable result.

All the CW Blue bowlers were among the wickets, but Sean Fuller and Ryan Dunn were most exceptional, both returning to form after some recent struggles. First Dunn broke an opening partnership of 57 with a stunning delivery to bowl Kenny Dobson for 17. Fuller then triggerd a top order collapse with the wickets of topscorer Luff (55), Dauth (7) and Ritchie (20) in his opening spell. For a while David Kearsley and Marc Robbins threatened with a stand of 31, but Camps turned to spin successully. Cribb enticed Kearsley with flight, and a booming drive brought his downfall, caught at cover for 21. Wickets tumbled against the disciplined Blues and bouncy surface at the Dome. Kingsley Clapham looked good for 22 from 29 balls down the order, and succeeded in getting CW Red past 200 but ultimately only to 210 all out.

The new ball pairing of Kennett and Watt hit back quickly for CW Red with the wickets of Young and Fuller. Camps came to the wicket at 24-2 and chose his moment to return to form with the bat. He and Dinu DeSilva put on 108, then fell within 5 balls of each other. Less than 11 overs later, CW Blue needed 26 runs from 41 balls with only 3 wickets in hand. After Smith only Dunn and Demeza remained, ensuring that his innings was essential to the team's success. He slashed a loose noball from Robbins to the boundary behind point, then Bowen survived a close appeal against the same bowler. Bowen drove the next ball firmly down the ground for four, and the game looked under control with 10 needed and 5 overs remaining. Bowen pulled Watt for another boundary in the 46th over and CW Blue moved to 209-7. Two singles completed the game within 3 balls from Kennett's next over.

Cricket Web Red 210 all out (48.1 overs)
MD Luff 55 [72], MJ Robbins 25 [37], KR Clapham 22 [29]
RG Dunn 3-40 [10], SE Fuller 3-47 [10]

Cricket Web Blue 211-7 (46.3 overs)
LA Camps 69 [103], MW DeSilva 43 [64], RF Bowen 39* [41]
DM Kennett 2-24 [8.3], DJ Watt 2-38 [9]

Cricket Web Blue won by 3 wickets.
Man of the Match: LA Camps

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
If any of the batsmen had been pulling half the weight Luffy and Kenny have done this season, we'd be winning the OD league so badly.

Well bowled but you can't expect to defend 210.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We really are on fire in the OD game. Our batting has been scary good for the past number of games.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If any of the batsmen had been pulling half the weight Luffy and Kenny have done this season, we'd be winning the OD league so badly.

Well bowled but you can't expect to defend 210.
*agrees* tough loss guys :( we need a target to defend though...

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
good bowling from me and Fuller to set up the win for us but we kinda need to work on the batting i reckon

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Fantastic FC win Reds, Shocking batting (minus Luffy and a couple of blokes with 20's) in the OD game and its really costing us big time. As Hak said if we worked as hard as Luffy and Kenny then we wouldve won another 3 or so games and be right near the top.