• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

pasag

RTDAS
Feelin' gimpy here. Put it down to a brain explosion and the pressure getting to me, tbh. Abit of a disgrace itbt.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket Web Green have suffered two big blows, as experienced allrounder Rob Malone and rookie pacer Josh Forner have suffered injuries of varying severity. Malone tore ankle ligaments when he tripped on his way into the dressing room this evening. He will miss 15 game days. Forner suffered a fractured jaw playing Grade Cricket. He will miss 6 game days.
great win guys but i am absolutely devestated in this injury. may i ask the powers with my retirement at the end of the season will i be back or is this me finished for the season. should i go into early retirement, and can they replace me with some one who will do the job.!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
great win guys but i am absolutely devestated in this injury. may i ask the powers with my retirement at the end of the season will i be back or is this me finished for the season. should i go into early retirement, and can they replace me with some one who will do the job.!
You will return on May 22, which means there's still half the season to go.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
we were totally out played everywhere but on a plus i was kinda economical and got Luff out :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
When you say "15 game days" do you not include the days where nobody plays? I think that's a bit unrealistic if that's the case... should always count those days as it's only logical that a player would still heal over days when no games are played. Also, how do you judge the length of injuries? If it's done in "real time" (eg. if a real life arm break takes x days to heal, then we'll take off that many games) then that's also worth looking at as we need to remember that FC games take five days (even though we play them in a single day) - OD / FC average is therefore about 2.5 days so if an injury was to last 10 days in the real world, it should last 4 days in the Dev League.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
When you say "15 game days" do you not include the days where nobody plays? I think that's a bit unrealistic if that's the case... should always count those days as it's only logical that a player would still heal over days when no games are played. Also, how do you judge the length of injuries? If it's done in "real time" (eg. if a real life arm break takes x days to heal, then we'll take off that many games) then that's also worth looking at as we need to remember that FC games take five days (even though we play them in a single day) - OD / FC average is therefore about 2.5 days so if an injury was to last 10 days in the real world, it should last 4 days in the Dev League.
good point.......i calculated that i would be back on the 22nd of may but that was only calculating 15 green game days and counting fc as a singular day...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only point of total byes (no one plays) is to allow us to transfer the database if necessary and to catch up with the schedule if necessary. They're outside the diegetic of the League, because they're there as cover days. Game days are game days.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Fluffy what a gun innings he played. True outclassed the opposition. I am quite happy with my 1 wicket, which also featured myself being quite economical.

Go the REDS

oz_fan

International Regular
Disappointed with my effort in that game. Firstly with my economy with the ball and then my inability to slog in the last few overs.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great win guys, great batting from Malone, Read and Corrin got us into a solid position and a super finish from the bowlers got us over the line :)

Absolutely devestating news about the injuries.