• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have liked to accelerate near the end of the innings, but I suppose at least I was scoring runs which is a change. Happy with the bowling, an ER of under 3 is good. Pity it couldn't come in a winning cause.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Black
Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Cricket Web Black captain Daniel Smith got out at the most inopportune of times, after he had played so brilliant to carry his team in a tight affair. But Cricket Web Red sealed a thrilling win, derailing the charge of CW Black to pull through by 14 runs.

Smith was caught at long-off from the bowling of Reddlapalli in the 42nd over. Before his dismissal, the Blacks needed 39 runs from the last 46 balls of the innings, with 3 wickets in hand. His fine innings of 72 took 92 balls held together CW Black after they had slumped to 64-5 in chasing 251 for victory. Once again the top order failed, and it was left to Smith and Blake Donald to rebuild the innings. David Kennett did the early damage with 4 wickets in a tremendous opening burst, but for the most part the other bowlers failed to maintain the intensity. The sixth wicket partnership started steadily and grew in confidence against the CW Red spinners.

Donald was the first to his half-century, taking 55 balls to get there, but was caught on the midwicket boundary 3 balls later, attempting to accelerate. The dismissal inspired Smith to increase his urgency, having played the anchor role of the innings to that point. After reaching 50 from 77 balls, Smith added 17 from his next 10 balls. At the other end Gelman was also increasing the tempo in typical fashion. His 28 lasted 25 balls when he was brilliantly caught by Kearsley in the covers. Smith was out 3 balls later, making his first genuine mistake of the innings, and looking to take on the less fancied Reddlapalli.

George Roberts showed what he learnt in the offseason with a stunning jab over cover for six, and Kexing Su added a firm slog over long-on for a six of his own. CW Black got the requirement to 15 needed from 22, but much to the relief of Mørk, Kennett found a searing yorker to strike Roberts' toe and end the game. Kennett finished with a tidy 5 for 30.

Earlier Mørk chose to bat first and was first out for a careful 4. Sharma followed in quick time and Gelman reaped the rewards of an excellent new ball spell. Kenny Dobson struck 4 boundaries in a promising 23, but he too was out to Gelman. When Kearsley dragged Roberts onto his stumps, the score was 82-4 and for the second game running, CW Red required a monumental rescue effort. Again Zac Ritchie and Chris Dwyer obliged, scoring crucial 30s for the cause. At the top of the order Sean Bennett was the steady influence, and he returned to one-day form with a commendable 65 from 78 balls.

The real damage was done by the last three men to come to the crease, however. Thompson, Reddlapalli and Nayak combined for 71 from 66, and the latter two were unbeaten. A total of 250-8 looked impressive, its origins considered, and ultimately proved enough to hold off the Black challenge.

Cricket Web Red 250-8 (50 overs)
SA Bennett 65 [78], ZJ Ritchie/CR Dwyer 30 [48/50], MR Reddlapalli 28* [32]
ZE Gelman 3-41 [10], DP Richards 2-41 [10]

Cricket Web Black 236 all out (46.3 overs)
DP Smith 72 [92], BC Donald 51 [58], ZE Gelman 28 [25]
DM Kennett 5-30 [8.3], CP Thompson 3-48 [10]

Cricket Web Red won by 14 runs.
Man of the Match: DM Kennett

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Colts
Fardin Qayyumi Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

The rampant Cricket Web Colts held off a spirited batting performance by Cricket Web Green to seal a 33-run victory in front of a noisy home crowd. The expectations are high for the youngest of Dev League teams this season, and though it was not a flawless performance, the show by the home side was powerful enough to enhance those hopes and dreams.

Batting first, CW Colts racked up a mighty 311-7 behind some explosive top order batting. Shan Jasotharan set the pace as only he can, erupting for 3 boundaries from Xavier Rose's opening over of the game. As Rose pulled back to give up just 2 runs from his next two overs, Jasotharan turned his interests to young Ethan McNamara. Stepping down the pitch with almost arrogant ease, Jasotharan clubbed 2 fours and a six in McNamara's 5th over. The rookie gave up 39 runs from his first 5 overs, but admirably recovered later to take 1-55 in his 10.

Jasotharan got to 50 from 34 balls, doing sufficient damage by the time he was caught flashing at Cameron on 86-1. Arunava Das came to the crease and ensured the momentum stayed, though it was an outside that got him off the mark first ball with a boundary. Hopgood took two boundaries off the following over to raise the hundred, 14 overs gone. Hopgood looked on course for his second consecutive one-day ton, but was caught in the deep for 73. Das hit 7 fours in 39 from 29 balls, and Pooja Bharat played the steady hand of aggression in the middle order. Her innings of 76 lasted 77 balls with 7 fours and a six. CW Colts finished on 311-7.

It was up to the Greens to take the initiative in their approach to the massive score, and Rob Malone started by carefully playing out a maiden over against Kyle Wright. The openers tried to be positive, but watchful, and put on 66 in 13.1 overs. Malone was then deceived by a Hancock slower ball and caught at mid-on. Hancock played a part in the dismissal of Garven too, run out by a direct hit when he looked dangerously poised on 45. Anthony Lezama and Nick Scott found the run rate demands difficult to meet initially, facing some sharp fielding by the Colts.

Eventually Lezama took on Hancock to the effect of a towering straight six, then slashed Rai for a boundary. As Nick Scott looked to accelerate too, he was dropped by Kerr off Wilson's bowling. Lezama was out softly, chipping back to Rai for 24, but Scott carried on to bring up his half-century against the same bowler. Unfortunately for CW Green, he could not carry on. Scott was bowled playing an ugly swipe against Manan Shah, out for 54. Martyn Corrin and Ben Read united and put on 33 off 31 balls.

Hancock returned and beat Read with a clever slower ball. Rose came in with the equation intriguingly poised, 103 from 59 balls. A lost cause was not in the mindset of Corrin, he dug into Rai with a six and a four in the next over. For Hancock's next over, Corrin took the Jasotharan route of charge and scored 15 runs from 4 balls faced. With the last of the fours he masterfully stroked, he reached 50 from 30 balls. A more manageable 70 needed off the last 7 overs, Rose picked out Shah in the deep off the bowling of Wilson. The next Hancock over cost only 3 runs, inflating the need to 63 from 30. Wright and Wilson tore through the tail end, leaving Corrin stranded on 65 from 38 balls.

Notably, Corrin faced only 8 balls over the 5.2 overs after he raised his 50. He scored 15 runs in that time, but no support was granted by the CW Green lower order and tail.

Cricket Web Colts 311-7 (50 overs)
P Bharat 76 [77], MR Hopgood 73 [101], S Jasotharan 53 [36]
BC Cunningham 2-47 [9], AA Cameron 2-65 [8]

Cricket Web Green 278 all out (48.2 overs)
M Corrin 65* [38], NG Scott 51 [68], AJ Garven 45 [54]
MW Wilson 3-57 [10], KS Wright 2-47 [9]

Cricket Web Colts won by 33 runs.
Man of the Match: MW Wilson

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Fine way to get ourselves going. Just need to kick on now. DK is a ****ing hero, and it's nice to get back in the runs.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Wow. Nailbiting stuff.

Still have stuff to sort out with that top order, but good to see that the bowling is starting to fall together. Fantastic innings by Bennett, and good hitting - the deep batting was crucial today. :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, damn, horrible performance by me. But well done everyone else, we pulled it together in the end.

Even though I perform crap, somehow we always win in the end. Go REDS :).

EDIT: Yeah the top order really needs to be sorted out. Honestly, I am just plain shocked at my performance today :blink: :(. But the REDS won, and that's what matters tbh.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Top order really needs to stand up, this is a joke. Dire time to get out from myself, really should've carried it home from that position, and to get out to Tozzer of all people. Just ridiculous. I guess we're paying the price of our suspensions, it was always a risk if we were hit by an injury.

Not much else I can do though, we've only got 13 available players and none of the bowlers apart from Gelman and Richards are doing their jobs. Hopefully the rest can stand up and be counted, or it's going to be a ridiculously deep hole for us to dig out of when Borcich, Patrick, Gough and Pickup return.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OD Table

Colts 2-0 8pts +0.73
Red 1-1 5pts -0.21
Blue 1-0 4pts +0.10
Black 0-2 2pts -0.19
Green 0-1 1pt -0.66

No team have yet taken a bonus point.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very happy with that performance. Our batsmen were very good with everyone contributing. Our bowlers bowled well to make sure there was no recovery by the tail. Would have liked a few earlier wickets (and I'm to blame), but to get a win in the end is very pleasing.

Nice to be seating at the top of the table with 2 from 2.

Majin

International Debutant
Class batting from us there, really looking good after so long with weak batting. Great to carry on our winning ways.

Looks like I'm doing my uptmost to bowl myself into grade permenantly at the moment though. :{