Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Decent start for Black even if it was just a draw. The team played well throughout with great performances from Richards and Gelman in particular. Arnold was the standout though so congrats to him.
    Member of CW Black
    Goalkeeper for the Northside Power
    NZI Manager in WCC

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar

Freak injury for Black fast bowler

Cricket Web Black were dealt a massive blow when Nath Patrick went down with a freak injury on his commute home from the Pickford Reserve. Patrick will miss 7 game days with a hairline fracture to his toe. The already weakened Black seam attack is weakened further by this devastating news.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Just noticed the schedule has a lot of 5D, 5D, OD, OD going on - just a thought for next season, but to make it easier on captains & their selection panels, it might be nice to make one day for 5D games, then the next for OD games, etc. This would allow for more time to think over any changes to be made to sides between games.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    That's the first true team performance the Colts have ever put on and I couldn't be more happier. Really disapointed with my own performance, but am estatic with the team's performance. 'Fitzy' hits a hundred on debut for the Colts, and 'Howler' obviously likes batting with him, which is only good for us. Butler hits the winning runs for us and Wilson had a fine allround game, so all-in-all a great debut for our new recruits.

Thomas was brilliant as ever, and with two genuine allrounders we are going to be tough to beat this season.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Cricket Web Black were dealt a massive blow when Nath Patrick went down with a freak injury on his commute home from the Pickford Reserve. Patrick will miss 7 game days with a hairline fracture to his toe. The already weakened Black seam attack is weakened further by this devastating news.
    Ouch, big blow for Blacks.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Just noticed the schedule has a lot of 5D, 5D, OD, OD going on - just a thought for next season, but to make it easier on captains & their selection panels, it might be nice to make one day for 5D games, then the next for OD games, etc. This would allow for more time to think over any changes to be made to sides between games.
    Only problem with that would be starting the season for one team with an OD game. Unless, of course, it starts 5D-5D-OD-OD, then falls into 5D-OD-5D-OD.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Gough looked pretty ineffective, hopefully he can push on as he gets more experience.
    Depressing but true. I just need to find 1 FC performance for it all to fall into place.

Obviously was a good track to bat on and all told was a decent performance for Black
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

I had sugested a similar schedule last season, don't know why it wasn't given more consideration.

Nooooooooo
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Only problem with that would be starting the season for one team with an OD game. Unless, of course, it starts 5D-5D-OD-OD, then falls into 5D-OD-5D-OD.
    That would work. I know it's late, but is there any chance we can mix it up from here on in? At least for the 2nd-4th quarter if not sooner. If you like, I can just edit the existing schedule myself to save your time.

That would work. I know it's late, but is there any chance we can mix it up from here on in? At least for the 2nd-4th quarter if not sooner. If you like, I can just edit the existing schedule myself to save your time.
    Would be a massive chore to alter the schedule at this stage...

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    I feel that was a good result team wise but we could've played better cmon Blues for next game
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Would be a massive chore to alter the schedule at this stage...
    I'm able to do it, I have time at work every now and then.

Not sure if it changes anything at simming end, but I can't imagine it would do so. I figure you guys just get the teams from the naming thread and the tactics sent by the captains and that's that... if the dates have some other effect, I'm not aware of it.

I'm able to do it, I have time at work every now and then.

Not sure if it changes anything at simming end, but I can't imagine it would do so. I figure you guys just get the teams from the naming thread and the tactics sent by the captains and that's that... if the dates have some other effect, I'm not aware of it.
    Okay, well you can try to sort something out from the 2nd quarter onward. Email it to Haakon and myself as soon as possible so that we can have a look at it.

good luck at the champs trophey cwxi
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread Information