• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie Signings

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
One question don't Black miss out on the 2nd round and following rounds of the draft until every side has 17 players, as they already have 16 players?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, so punish teams for staying within the salary cap?
Well it was your choice TBH for staying and signing 16 players, you could have stayed under with 15 if you wanted. I just wanted to know how it worked TBH, you probably still get two, i don't know?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well it was your choice TBH for staying and signing 16 players, you could have stayed under with 15 if you wanted. I just wanted to know how it worked TBH, you probably still get two, i don't know?
The salary cap is the point, not the number of players. Black have 16 players totaling 60 points. There was a minimum of 15 set, with the maximum being the number you can sign within the 60 pts.

4. Each team needs to sign at least 15 players within the 60-point margin. Once the 15 players have been met, rookies may be signed (more information on the process to sign rookies at a later date).
As I see it, one team cant sign 15 players, one cant stay under the points limit and yet people keep wanting to punish the best organised team in the league.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok fair enough i was just wondering the process in the case one team have more then 15 players to start of with. As i was under the impression the intial stages of the draft was so every team had 17 players. Don't really matter either way as i guess most teams will end up with 18 anyway, i was just interested.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Each team must have a minimum of 17 players. Kev is right. Black stayed within the salary cap for 16 players, so they can add rookies to that 16. It's a credit to Smith's recruitment.