• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie Signings

cricketboy29

International Regular
Green to be the loose cannon as they were last season, with so many rookies signings, you never know whats going to happen.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Am I right in assuming that the five dev league teams to which one can be selected are green, blue, red, black, and colts? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would definitely be interested in the origin of the team names, especially the oddball colts. :huh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Am I right in assuming that the five dev league teams to which one can be selected are green, blue, red, black, and colts? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would definitely be interested in the origin of the team names, especially the oddball colts. :huh:
Back in the days when we didn't have enough players, it was Cricket Web 'A' and 'B'. When this system could no longer be upheld (mainly because the Bs had got just as good as the As, but also because we had too many players), we split into four teams, which were named for colours because...well...there weren't too many other good ideas.

When a fifth team came in, they were younger than most of the others, and thus were called the Colts. Any attempts to rename them Yellow has been fiercely resisted by the team members.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still waiting for the seasonal attempt by some random to sign up to Dev League thinking it's a real league asking for sign ups.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Great to be in demand - and wanted by my old team. If I meet rookie status, happy to accept. Otherwise, I guess I get put back on the shelf.