• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie Signings

David

International 12th Man
Why should he? He's making the game much more realistic and fair and all this debate and arguing has made Dev League 10 times more interesting recently, for me anyways.
I have no problem with him whining about it afterwards, however I don't enjoy seeing such dross muddying up the whole affair. Wait to see how it all turns out, and then if you have objections, feel free to voice them. Personally, all the bull**** ruins the Dev League for me. There's the pursuit of realism tempered by the fact that it's just a game, and such (seeming) paranoia by members I think is taking it way too far.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think so. I think (most of) Goughy's points were that no rules have been broken because they've been defined/changed as they've gone along.
Since when?

The even squad rule has always been around, and that is the key driving force behind the rookie drafting process.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Note that Green will need to confirm their 17 squad players before official negotiations can begin for Mark Hopgood and any other new players that may join before this round of signings has been completed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Really when?

Anyway, its interesting that this has all hit the fan since I have dropped the issue. I had a detailed discussion over MSN with someone and made my points clear and they made their side clear as well.

I just made my concerns known and they explained their POV.

End of story from my perspective, and this happened before all the current drama has happened. :)

As for me thinking the world is out to get me, well I am fully aware of my near irrelevance in CW Cricket (as a new-ish player) and I dont possess the paranoia to assume that Im significant enough for people to make rules up to get.

My issue was always that I didnt see the system being followed properly and I have expressed that and as long as my concerns are listened to I dont mind if nothing changes.

The whole thing is finished from my POV

The 1 thing I do apologise for is clogging this thread. I should have dealt with my concerns over MSN sooner.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What happens after that, do we go back to the draft style to sign the rest of the players?
I thought we stripped Black's squad, distributed it amongst the other four sides and forced them to field ten-year-olds?

Oh yeah, I remember now, Red voted against that one as it would have been too embarrassing when they finished another season trophyless. Again.