• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie Signings

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
There is 1 more round for each team, then teams with less recruit so the numbers are up to 17 i think. Then it is rounds for any remaining rookies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The first 4 rookies were signed within 5 days. I really don't see why people are complaining about the pace of the process, especially since there are over 3 weeks between now and the new season.

Last edited:

DCC_legend

International Regular
Intially i thought it was only going to take a few days for the whole draft to happen, thanks for clearing that up.

Loony BoB

International Captain
This draft is becoming less draft-like the more I get into it. Seems more like a "contact rookie, confirm his interest, tell him to knock back every other offer and wait for your club" deal. Which is certainly not a draft at all. Must hold my hands up and say it's my own fault for not playing the same game, but it's just another thing to list under the already growing downsides of this system.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I've only had one decline - and on another occasion I had one not respond so they were declared inactive for the round - but the point remains. This isn't a draft so much as a free-for-all or a first-in-first-serve. I'm unsure if my next choice will also decline but I'm hoping it won't get to that.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This draft is becoming less draft-like the more I get into it. Seems more like a "contact rookie, confirm his interest, tell him to knock back every other offer and wait for your club" deal. Which is certainly not a draft at all. Must hold my hands up and say it's my own fault for not playing the same game, but it's just another thing to list under the already growing downsides of this system.
:laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I say we just ship all the rookies to the Colts. God forbid we give new players a say in where they want to play.

Loony BoB

International Captain
With all due respect to the rookies, they don't have much of a say during the regular season, do they? Have they ever had a say in where they go?

I figured that would come after their rookie season when they are able to sign an official multi-season contract at any club.

I'm not asking for all the rookies, just asking for first pick out of all of those who are not already contracted when it comes to our turn in the draft. That's how every draft system in the world works, I believe? I'm not too familiar with such things.

I have, however, had a bunch of ideas passed to me and made in this thread that I'll be looking into as a proposal for future drafts. Good to see a bunch of people offering ideas, shows this league has a lot of heads thinking of ways to further improve the entire simulation. I encourage everyone who has had an idea and not mentioned it to send it on to me and I'll discuss it with you.

EDIT: I would not have had any problem with this aspect of the draft if it wasn't called a draft and there was no "order" etc... would be better to have just said "go for it, first in first serve". Would be faster and a lot easier for captains if those rookies that have already signed contracts behind closed doors to come forward and say so, allowing the captains to concentrate on other players instead, surely? I don't see why these players can't sign their contracts immediately.

Last edited:

DCC_legend

International Regular
This has probably been thought of before but, why not have a team for the rookies. Give them a season, a few matches under there belts. The best players will be recognised by the other teams, possibly making the contract season more competitive in the coming seasons.