• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web XI Website Roster

As I mentioned when I decided to take over the website one of the things I wanted to see was input from every team to every player this is one of the reasons I have set up a roster to provide articles that give the website a fresh and active look I also may be looking for people to update minor things but they will most probably be done on MSN.

Each team will have to organise someone to write an article and put it in the Media Release thread or in here captains will be the ones to organise this or whoever they designate.

The Roster is as follows at random.

Week 1 : Red
Week 2 : Blue
Week 3 : Colts
Week 4 : Green
Week 5 : Black

Please understand this and don't use the system :).

This will start this week and there will be a rollover every 5 weeks and the order will stay the same.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Is there that big a problem with him asking for info on players for the website? Others have done it and nobody questioned them.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Because I don't want to have to write profiles for every player on my roster.

EDIT: Well I hope someone volunteers, because I have enough to do with uni.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if he's asking for that really, from what I gather all that's required is an article from each team once every five weeks (I took his 'every player' comment as hyperbole, though it might not be), which shouldn't be too difficult.

Didn't understand what was meant by 'Please understand this and don't use the system' either. Perhaps he meant 'abuse' instead.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not sure if he's asking for that really, from what I gather all that's required is an article from each team once every five weeks (I took his 'every player' comment as hyperbole, though it might not be), which shouldn't be too difficult.

Didn't understand what was meant by 'Please understand this and don't use the system' either. Perhaps he meant 'abuse' instead.
So like, 1 player every 5 weeks? That's not too bad then.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Because I don't want to have to write profiles for every player on my roster.

EDIT: Well I hope someone volunteers, because I have enough to do with uni.
I don't think his asking for player profiles, more just articles on the team and about progress i guess. But TBH Justin didn't make it very clear what he wants.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
He wants each team to contribute something to the site once every five weeks so it looks like everyone cares about it. The "use the system" comment was obviously meant to say abuse. Wasn't that hard really.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Read the first post and my first thought was "How long before Smith replys to this?"

Turns out, the 1st response :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ffs I've got enough work as it is. Do I have to do this? (ie. is it CWBCC endorsed?)
I notice this key question wasn't answered.

I don't why these "have" to be done in such an order (or even "have" to be done)

Isn't the media subforum there for a reason anyway - it tends to be active enough during the season.

Just quickly before im off I need 1 article from each team every 5 weeks and to avoid all articles coming in at one I have created a roster.

To Tharmi cheers for the article will update it some time soon.