• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* Contract System details

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What happens to the players that cant be signed by any team due to the salary cap?

Are they left without a team?

What happens to the players that cant be signed by any team due to the salary cap?

Well it hopefully will be avoided through what Liam and Hak planned I guess. I suppose it could create an issue next year when rookies become full contracted players and thus causes the salary cap to be most probably breached.

Is this the time for a new team or not ?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The salary cap would just be adjusted next season, you'd think. Depending on the total amount of points that remain in the competition after sign-ups.

I would've thought that the current salary cap is large enough to fit in every active player into a team.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The salary cap would just be adjusted next season, you'd think. Depending on the total amount of points that remain in the competition after sign-ups.

I would've thought that the current salary cap is large enough to fit in every active player into a team.

Exactly. Surely if there were that many more players the salary cap will be increased. Atm I don't think there is a need for an extra side. That is at best probably 2 seasons away.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!

If that happens this season, the CWBCC will have to assess the balance of the 5 squads. However, a salary cap of 60 should allow for all non-rookies to be signed, one would think.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
If our inactive players dont sign in, we will be left with 14 players - wt what point can we begin signing rookies?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Should Red, Black & Blue all be given the 5 point reduction in salary cap for having extra centrally contracted players, that would mean 296 points would cover all existing players (not including 2-pointer free agent Comley who I don't see any sign of returning at the moment), so that should still be possible to balance through five sides. We would need for there to be over 300 points for there to be any real problem, although that is assuming that Thompson is able to find a side with 4 points to spare (I imagine that Green / Red would be able to cover that, though).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at it only Green can sign him up, unless Red release a player, cus if they sign all their players they will have 57 pts. If Hing or Megan return, then Green might not be able to sign him either, presuming Green want to re-sign those two players or Pitt. I think we could find a situation where Thompson could struggle to fit under the salary cap at all the clubs unless they go for him over an existing player.

Simple thing is Thompson must play otherwise we are going to have a very unhappy user base how this is done is not up to me but most be done thoughtfully considering most of the contracts have already gone through.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The situation will be reviewed when salary caps are met or all possible players are signed (not counting rookies).