• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* Contract System details

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because it's clearly not been thought through properly.
Er, it's based on games per season, which is the fairest way of rating players. Clapham has played 1 FC game and 11 OD games. Yes, he's played for the ODI team, but that doesn't automatically make him an expensive commodity. He was an unorthodox ODI selection in any case.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Er, it's based on games per season, which is the fairest way of rating players. Clapham has played 1 FC game and 11 OD games. Yes, he's played for the ODI team, but that doesn't automatically make him an expensive commodity. He was an unorthodox ODI selection in any case.
Mohammad Asif has an elbow injury.

Mr Mxyzptlk

So I'm worth 3 times as much as an ODI player?
In the Dev League, yes. Before Clapham came into CW XI consideration, he had played a handful of matches - FC and OD combined. Not sure why a team should have to pay a large fee to sign such an inexperienced and largely unproven player simply because he's played a couple of ODIs.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
In the Dev League, yes. Before Clapham came into CW XI consideration, he had played a handful of matches - FC and OD combined. Not sure why a team should have to pay a large fee to sign such an inexperienced and largely unproven player simply because he's played a couple of ODIs.
I actually agree with this (for both obvious and not so obvious reasons :p) but I still reckon Lezama is a little high.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
International cricket would be crucial to player value and salary though, which is what these rankings simulate. Mitchell Johnson hasn't played much cricket for Queensland, but he's not going to be treated like a rookie bowler when he's in the World Cup squad and playing ODIs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

International cricket would be crucial to player value and salary though, which is what these rankings simulate. Mitchell Johnson hasn't played much cricket for Queensland, but he's not going to be treated like a rookie bowler when he's in the World Cup squad and playing ODIs.
Indeed, but when the number of both domestic and international matches is so minimal, it won't be taken into strong consideration in terms of overall wage. However, from this season onward, ratings will be re-assessed with international matches carrying more weight than domestic matches. It would be a massive chore to sort out previous the current ratings in that regard. Clapham can only be signed to a max. 2-season deal anyway. At that stage his rating will be revised.

Regarding Lezama, if the club that wishes to sign him (Green, I suspect) makes a formal appeal to downgrade his rating (therefore saving 1 point), the CWBCC will review it. The same appeal system will be used regarding the value of any player, but please be reasonable about it and don't abuse the system. Appeals should be made through the PA Rep.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Goughy is yet to be anywhere near established in FC cricket and is not an immediate Test prospect. He's played a fair bit of OD cricket though, and his rating was heavily weighted toward that form. His actually rating should be a B, but it didn't seem fitting for a player going into his second season with so little FC experience.
If someone is deemed good enough to get a central contract, he should not be rated lower than a B (and that would be to take into account that he's not around the Dev team all the time)

Rating him below players that he's been deemed better than is wrong.

Mr Mxyzptlk

If someone is deemed good enough to get a central contract, he should not be rated lower than a B (and that would be to take into account that he's not around the Dev team all the time)

Rating him below players that he's been deemed better than is wrong.
Appeal it and it'll be reviewed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Appeal it and it'll be reviewed.
And I will appeal any review. I think it is fair as it is.

Ive barely played cricket over the past season for Green, then I had a good U'19 tour and proudly landed myself some ODIs.

However, I am still very inexperienced and far from being a recognised player within the league. I have done little domestically.

From the end of 1 season to the beginning of the next, I have gone from a nobody to an international. Like a Lathwell, Tudor or Schofield that doesnt mean anything.

A "C" is fine as I havent played FC and have only had short term success (none of which was in the Development League).

Maybe a "D" is more appropriate.

Also maybe the ranking is close to being accurate and the giving of a central contact either incorrect or a brave speculative move by the selectors.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Also maybe the ranking is close to being accurate and the giving of a central contact either incorrect or a brave speculative move by the selectors.
The central contract is a reflection of how few quality OD seamers we have and what we hope you will be.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The central contract is a reflection of how few quality OD seamers we have and what we hope you will be.
Im very proud of getting a central contract and I love the fact that the selectors have faith in my potential. I was just making the point that despite that I have a cc, that should not change the fact that I am still very raw and unproven in Dev League (especially in FC)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The same appeal system will be used regarding the value of any player, but please be reasonable about it and don't abuse the system. Appeals should be made through the PA Rep.
So an email to Daniel explaining the case and the reasons we believe for a reduction and he will approach the Board with it?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I do think a players' national team standing should have a great impact then the number of matches they played domestically. Also at the very least the fact that players might have not played many matches due to playing internationals should not give them a low rating.

Simon

If a club and a player come to an agreement before the end of a contract for the player to leave is there a penalty or fee then?