• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Sign-In Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Upon talking with Mr Mork I have decided to make myself available for the upcoming season, hope that's alright with those higher up.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
In reality wouldn't both Smith and Zac wages (points) go on next seasons' caps. Thats what usually happens in real life, when players signs mid season.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So who's turn is it or have we all got 17 players in each team?
Blue. Fuller's turn.

chaminda_00 said:
In reality wouldn't both Smith and Zac wages (points) go on next seasons' caps. Thats what usually happens in real life, when players signs mid season.
Sounds reasonable, I suppose. I just fear returning guys will be pariahs which no one will ever want to touch.

And does he lose skill considering he has not been active for quite a while? Example that guy who re-joined blue who did the same thing and got penalised?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
And does he lose skill considering he has not been active for quite a while? Example that guy who re-joined blue who did the same thing and got penalised?
(M. S.) Smith and Ritchie both went inactive between seasons, though. Wilshere missed an entire season. Difference in length of inactivity.

(M. S.) Smith and Ritchie both went inactive between seasons, though. Wilshere missed an entire season. Difference in length of inactivity.
I still think a small penalty should be applied for Richie as it's still slightly distrupted proceedings which is the main point of the penalty IIRC. And I don't there is anything wrong with Smith as he retired didn't he or explained or something?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
But difference is he didn't announce it to the Dev League his retirement from the simulation league :-O .
Yeah, well, leaving the forum sort of makes it obvious that you're leaving the league too. (I know I planned from Perm being out all the time.)

And it's not like Ritchie was smashing everyone around the park in every game, either. :p

Mind, if Liam thinks there should be an inactivity penalty in this case, I wouldn't argue. End of discussion.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you guys think it's fair I be penalised then I'm not going to argue. I suppose it's up to Liam so he can decide.

Yeah, well, leaving the forum sort of makes it obvious that you're leaving the league too. (I know I planned from Perm being out all the time.)

And it's not like Ritchie was smashing everyone around the park in every game, either. :p

Mind, if Liam thinks there should be an inactivity penalty in this case, I wouldn't argue. End of discussion.
OK thanks for being constructive :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's never been an inactivity penalty between the seasons. I think we should remain consistent with that. No penalty, for mine.