• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Retirement

wrangler203

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd like to give notice of my retirement before the new season starts. It has been a cool few seasons with the Colts, we never did win a trophy but we did have some good moments. For me, it was the 4 or 5 centuries that I scored for the Colts, in the lower order and at No. 3. I'm sure the Colts will go onto to win trophies one of these day.

But for now, priorities have changed, and with graduating from pre-med, and getting into Med School. I'm afraid I haven't much time for CW. I'd rather someone better take my place.

FC
G Nayak 29 56 3 1725 32.55 33 0 9 4 146* 3

OD
G Nayak 9 8 3 106 21.20 2 0 0 0 43

Never did crack OD cricket. So long.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You were a quality batsman and a mainstay of the Colts batting lineup. You'll surely be missed.

But good luck with Med School.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I’m sure I echo the sentiments of all members of the CW Colts when I state how saddened we are at the loss of a fine player. One of only two current Colts players to average above 30 runs per dismissal in FC cricket. Reigning FC Batsman of the Year. Your retirement will hurt the team – which is a compliment in itself, but good luck with future endeavours.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Could retired players play in Grade Cricket, or are they always completely removed from the system?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think it'd be a good thing if all players are kept on in Grade Cricket, unless they specifically ask not to be.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I’m sure I echo the sentiments of all members of the CW Colts when I state how saddened we are at the loss of a fine player. One of only two current Colts players to average above 30 runs per dismissal in FC cricket. Reigning FC Batsman of the Year. Your retirement will hurt the team – which is a compliment in itself, but good luck with future endeavours.
Agreed. When we struggled last season Nayak was our best and most consistent batsman.

You will be sorely missed mate, and hard to replace in the batting line up. Thanks for all the fine innings you played for the Colts :)

Good luck on your studies as well. I'm sure you'll ace it.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Mate, sad to see you go. Whenever I or anyone else failed you seemed to pick up the pieces and it really kept us is some matches.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Jack said:
Need to have a chat to your brother about logging in under your username and keeping you active. ;)
Haha! *looks the other way* :D

Seriously, gutted you've left but you've got good reasoning. Nayak to someday return as Colts team doctor?