• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scheduling Idea for Next Dev League Season

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't know. I haven't used it. I've cleverly left the testing of it to various other people.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't know. I haven't used it. I've cleverly left the testing of it to various other people.
I'll have a quick play, seeing as I was the one who brought it up in the first place.

EDIT: I've just simmed 10 or so Twenty20 games using two computer-managed sides (the default Aus v Eng ones) and got some pretty unreasonable totals. In one game, Australia knocked off 200+ in 13 overs.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The thing with Neil's sim is, good as it is, it doesn't work with averages, it works with attributes. How do you convert averages into attributes?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The thing with Neil's sim is, good as it is, it doesn't work with averages, it works with attributes. How do you convert averages into attributes?
I'm sure someone could come up with some mathematical formula. A lot of the variables are based on style of play than actual standard of play though.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
True, but some work still needs to be done on the sim IMO. For example, bowlers with good accuracy tend to get smashed due to predictability.

For testing purposes a while ago, I created a bowler with 100 everything (movement, line, length etc) and he got a royal smashing.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll have a quick play, seeing as I was the one who brought it up in the first place.

EDIT: I've just simmed 10 or so Twenty20 games using two computer-managed sides (the default Aus v Eng ones) and got some pretty unreasonable totals. In one game, Australia knocked off 200+ in 13 overs.
would've thought that was perfectly reasonable going on current form :p

in any case... isn't SS a bit of a guru, might be worth seeing if he knows how to do what Tom's suggesting

Loony BoB

International Captain
When messing around with Neil's sim, the only problem I really came up with is that it's so damned complex that it would be a nightmare for the simmer to follow every captain's orders with regards to bowling placement, aggression, etc. - although I'm unsure how far a captain would go with that sort of thing.

Josh

International Regular
When messing around with Neil's sim, the only problem I really came up with is that it's so damned complex that it would be a nightmare for the simmer to follow every captain's orders with regards to bowling placement, aggression, etc. - although I'm unsure how far a captain would go with that sort of thing.
This is true.