• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Colts or Yellows

What should they be Colts or Yellows

• Total voters

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, it was decided that if we ever did have to become a colour for whatever reason, we would be CW Gold.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I don't mind this poll - I just mind who votes in it.

The only opinions of any matter that I can see in the poll have all voted for Colts. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
I don't mind this poll - I just mind who votes in it.

The only opinions of any matter that I can see in the poll have all voted for Colts. :)
The sort of smug attitude one wouldn't expect from a PA Rep...

Loony BoB

International Captain
This is a club matter, not a Dev League manner. If you have any issues as to how the Dev League is run or as to how players are treated within the league as a whole, or any other such things that affect league players, I will be hapy to help you. However club issues should be dealt with within the club. Unless you want the Colts players to decide on a new name for the CW Reds. :)

EDIT: It should also be noted from a PA Rep perspective that we do have some Asian players in Colts and I for one have no intention on labelling them a 'Yellow' and the thought of people encouraging such a thing is disheartening.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Have any of the Asian players actively complained to you about their club being called Yellow?

David

International 12th Man
Do we have any american indians? What if they have a problem with reds? Does anyone have a problem with Blacks? Do the aliens complain about greens? And does the ocean complain about blue?

David

International 12th Man
Daniel Towns - Discriminates against the colour Yellow.
How can we let this continue?

:p

Loony BoB

International Captain
I've known American Indians to describe themselves as 'Reds'. Likewise, 'Blacks' is not considered to be a racist remark as far as I know and is just as insulting as 'Whites' which I've never considered racist. I don't know if aliens complain about being referred to as 'Greens' but then, I've never known of this to happen. I'm pretty sure the ocean (much like aliens assumably of the extra-terrestrial variety) never complain about what they're labelled as. However, despite all of that...

dictionary.com said:
adj. yel·low·er, yel·low·est
Of the color yellow.

Having a yellow-brown skin color.
Offensive. Of or being a person of Asian origin.
Slang. Cowardly.

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
I've known American Indians to describe themselves as 'Reds'. Likewise, 'Blacks' is not considered to be a racist remark as far as I know and is just as insulting as 'Whites' which I've never considered racist. I don't know if aliens complain about being referred to as 'Greens' but then, I've never known of this to happen. I'm pretty sure the ocean (much like aliens assumably of the extra-terrestrial variety) never complain about what they're labelled as. However, despite all of that...
Believe me, people can take offense from being called black, as it has been used for generations as a derogatory comment. Your argument above for not being called yellow is poor IMO, as stated in another thread, anyone who takes offense from these colours doesn't deserve to be a member of society. I don't mind if you're the Colts or Yellow or the porcupines, but we'll still make fun of you about it.

The oceans hate being called blue, get with the program.

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shouldn't it be up to the members of the club itself to choose? :p And as far as I can see, we all want to be Colts. Don't break a tradition for conformity, guys.

Loony BoB

International Captain
The #1 argument for us not being called Yellow is the fact that we aren't CW Yellow, we're CW Colts.

EDIT: And I'm fairly certain that the last time I called the ocean 'Blue', it gave me a tasty fish, so I'm quite certain it's fond to the term.

David

International 12th Man
Resha said:
Shouldn't it be up to the members of the club itself to choose? :p And as far as I can see, we all want to be Colts. Don't break a tradition for conformity, guys.
1) Yes
2) Yes

Certain members however take others comments too seriously and make themselves "targets" by continually arguing the point. I'm just having a bit of fun calling you CW Yellow, because it seems to annoy Dan so much. I don't think he truly minds, and I certainly mean no offence, if I was just ignored however it wouldn't be as fun :p

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
The #1 argument for us not being called Yellow is the fact that we aren't CW Yellow, we're CW Colts.

EDIT: And I'm fairly certain that the last time I called the ocean 'Blue', it gave me a tasty fish, so I'm quite certain it's fond to the term.
Damn, maybe that Atlantic ocean is friendlier than the Indian ocean

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
David said:
Damn, maybe that Atlantic ocean is friendlier than the Indian ocean

Oh, now don't you be discountin' that spiffin' ol' ocean, you. He's a damn fine fellow, the way his gentle waves caress you. (This sounds so wrong xD)

EDIT: Oh, is this the right place to rant about how I'm soon going to go see the first ever live cricket gam of my life and that I might actually meet the Indian cricket team on Sunday and nothing so exciting has ever happened in my boring pathetic little life and let's just stay Colts, eh?