• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Colts or Yellows

What should they be Colts or Yellows

• Total voters

Majin

International Debutant
It wasn't a comeback, it was a simple suggestion. Most people are happy to joke around and most colts far as I can see are happy to play along, it's not an issue. But you know, there are the few that just take this way too seriously. It's really kind of lame. :{

Loony BoB

International Captain
I think I get more messages from you when I'm away than I do from Weber, steds. :p I'm home now, btw, so am on MSN.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Resha said:
Hey, with the go-ahead from BoB, I could take over the world. xD

But first I'm going to write a poem about colts:

Yellow is a bad word
It only rhymes with fellow
and mellow.
They are not nice words, really.
Colts is the best word in the English language
It rhymes with halts and malts and faults and vaults
And dolts (sorta?) and bolts (ditto) and many, many more.
Colts are like baby horses
And horses are cool
Therefore "Colts" is cool.
Yellow is a baby nothing.
UNCOOL.

EDIT: wth you can't just pick a colour and discount the linguistic pros of the word "colts". :/
A Colt can also be a deadly weapon too

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really care, but being the Colts endlessly seems a bit stupid. Why not change to a colour like everyone else?

Loony BoB

International Captain
For the same reason I don't smoke, urinate on electric fences or walk around wearing nothing but a tutu down Princes Street in the winter snow - I don't see any appeal in it. Colours are rather boring names for teams.

Now, summertime...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
We can solve this by becoming the CW Tigers. It's still got Yellow in the colour, an animals name and is not a bad name IMO.

And it'd fit in with us losing at the moment. :ph34r:

ash chaulk

International Captain
its a very tight poll.....

ok so if the colts were to be allowed to stay colts can the blacks become like the seniors or the under 12's?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
For the same reason I don't smoke, urinate on electric fences or walk around wearing nothing but a tutu down Princes Street in the winter snow - I don't see any appeal in it. Colours are rather boring names for teams.
In that case we need 4 new team names then...