• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Colts or Yellows

What should they be Colts or Yellows

• Total voters

Loony BoB

International Captain
'twas the Pacific at the time, to be fair. I haven't talked about the Atlantic Ocean yet, it's irritable.

EDIT: And I don't care what anyone says, this is the most serious discussion in the history of the Colts and must be resolved immediately.

EDIT: This is exactly the place to discuss that, Resha.

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
'twas the Pacific at the time, to be fair. I haven't talked about the Atlantic Ocean yet, it's irritable.

EDIT: And I don't care what anyone says, this is the most serious discussion in the history of the Yellows and must be resolved immediately.
nice edit. :p

So it's decided, CW Turquoise?

Loony BoB

International Captain
I don't know what you're talking about. *shifty*

EDIT: My favourite suggestion is still CW AquaMarine, but noooo... although having said that, I seriously do think that colours is kind of lame for the main four sides. They should get mascots as well as colours. Colours are boring. I support the Auckland Blues, but the name? Ugh.

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey, with the go-ahead from BoB, I could take over the world. xD

But first I'm going to write a poem about colts:

Yellow is a bad word
It only rhymes with fellow
and mellow.
They are not nice words, really.
Colts is the best word in the English language
It rhymes with halts and malts and faults and vaults
And dolts (sorta?) and bolts (ditto) and many, many more.
Colts are like baby horses
And horses are cool
Therefore "Colts" is cool.
Yellow is a baby nothing.
UNCOOL.

EDIT: wth you can't just pick a colour and discount the linguistic pros of the word "colts". :/

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Resha said:
Oh, now don't you be discountin' that spiffin' ol' ocean, you. He's a damn fine fellow, the way his gentle waves caress you. (This sounds so wrong xD)

EDIT: Oh, is this the right place to rant about how I'm soon going to go see the first ever live cricket gam of my life and that I might actually meet the Indian cricket team on Sunday and nothing so exciting has ever happened in my boring pathetic little life and let's just stay Colts, eh?
See, this is why cricket shouldn't only be played in the 10 Test countries.

EDIT: This is starting to look like the CWBCC broadcast thread...

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
I don't know what you're talking about. *shifty*

EDIT: My favourite suggestion is still CW AquaMarine, but noooo... although having said that, I seriously do think that colours is kind of lame for the main four sides. They should get mascots as well as colours. Colours are boring. I support the Auckland Blues, but the name? Ugh.
The music style... :ph34r:

David

International 12th Man
Resha said:
Hey, with the go-ahead from BoB, I could take over the world. xD

But first I'm going to write a poem about colts:

Yellow is a bad word
It only rhymes with fellow
and mellow.
They are not nice words, really.
Colts is the best word in the English language
It rhymes with halts and malts and faults and vaults
And dolts (sorta?) and bolts (ditto) and many, many more.
Colts are like baby horses
And horses are cool
Therefore "Colts" is cool.
Yellow is a baby nothing.
UNCOOL.

EDIT: wth you can't just pick a colour and discount the linguistic pros of the word "colts". :/

hello?

not a nice word, no.

remembers, colts rhymes with dolts :ph34r:

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
See, this is why cricket shouldn't only be played in the 10 Test countries.
Completely. But then again, when you see only something like a puny pathetic little crowd actually turned up for the Australia-Windies game, while those poor men played with their heart and soul on the field -- you don't wonder why they don't often do this. But hey, they have to start somewhere, and I'm so glad they've come here to Malaysia, where cricket has been pretty much non-existant.

EDIT: Hello is horrible and cold and formal :( Worst word ever. 'hi' cuts it.

Majin

International Debutant
David said:
I'm just having a bit of fun calling you CW Yellow, because it seems to annoy Dan so much. I don't think he truly minds
He does. So much that he's threatening to cut himself in protest and to guilt you all into leaving him alone. Don't push him, he's done it before.

and he'll do it again.

David

International 12th Man
Majin said:
He does. So much that he's threatening to cut himself in protest and to guilt you all into leaving him alone. Don't push him, he's done it before.
and he'll do it again.
Don't tempt me :ph34r: :p

EDIT: If I have nightmares tonight, I'm blaming that picture.. Majin I hate you :(

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dammit, Dan, that's the last time I strip for you!*

PS. Dan = Majin, Daniel = me. *nods*

* This probably isn't true.

Majin

International Debutant
David said:
EDIT: If I have nightmares tonight, I'm blaming that picture.. Majin I hate you :(
Trust me, his webcam has broadcast far, far worse things than that. Unfortunately there was only one tit stupid enough to look at it when it was happening. :dry:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
The only opinions of any matter that I can see in the poll have all voted for Colts. :)
In that case, since everybody else's opinion doesn't matter, you can't complain if we call you Yellows...

David

International 12th Man
Majin said:
Trust me, his webcam has broadcast far, far worse things than that. Unfortunately there was only one tit stupid enough to look at it when it was happening. :dry:
Please, in the future, when you feel like sharing said foolishness, think of the children.