• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Im undecided on all three teams. Guess it will come down to which team has a good offer for Neil and also if they can offer me a decent batting position or anything else. Which red and green both have.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well it won't be Colts. We have a provisional agreement with red - depends now if green can beat the Stedman/Gray offer.

Loony BoB

International Captain
At Colts you have to earn your batting position ahead of the other batsmen - of course, with all due respect to my fellow Colts, that shouldn't be a massive struggle for you.

EDIT: Colts being blocked out? May I ask why?

EDIT: Oh, post below now read. :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
Colts management are in discussion as to whether or not we will put in an offer...
Colts have officially withdrawn in the chase for Kearsley, due to not being able to match Blacks' request and a better offer on the table for Red.

However, if the situation changes and Kearsley is simply aloud to move to another club than the Colts would more than welcome Kearsley, as we feel he is the type of player that could help us win our maiden title.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
Why should you get someone in exchange for Kearsley when we got no one in exchange for Borcich? It's pretty much an identical set of circumstances. If he does decide to come to Red, I don't see why we should have to give anyone in return considering we got no compensation for Borcich (and this could even be considered that).
He has a point to be fair...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
On another note, is Kearsley happy to go to Reds? I think it would defeat the purpose if he left to go to another team he isn't happy at. Sorry, just not sure as he hasn't said anything towards approving the Reds move yet.
He's more than happy to from what I heard.

But by the same token will any deal go through if all parties have to be happy?

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
It would be nice to have another Test Batsmen at the Reds, hopefully Kears can agree terms with the Mighty Reds. Would be disappointing to lose Dobson, Stedman or Gray, but probably would be worth it.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Why not just (effectively) trade it as Borcich - Kearsley.

I'd be reluctant to leave Red, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Buddhmaster said:
Why don't you just effectively shut the **** up?
Why don't you follow your own advice? I'm not taking that crap at blacks this season. We're not an extension of the testing forum for your own self-gratification, and I'm not going to feel any guilt or remorse if I have to suspend players for acting like morons.

Your choice.